Author Topic: Finally have something to post  (Read 353 times)

daan

• View Profile
Finally have something to post
« on: July 18, 2022, 08:25:27 AM »
I haven’t been around for a while, because of dumb life stuff. But recently I found a group on Facebook (not sure how everyone feels about that place, so I won’t link to it unless someone wants to see it) Basically someone found an abandoned building full of Hofner bodies and started a group where people save and rebuild the bodies into new guitars. Anyway years ago I had a Hofner bass, a 500/4. I’m sure I posted it all over here already… I had to sell most of my gear off at one point, and of course I’ve been looking to replace it since. I managed to get a body from them, and have been (slowly) trying to make something playable out of it. I wanted to post pictures, but my Photobucket account has long since disappeared-how is everyone sharing pics these days? Oh yeah, if anyone has a spare Hofner neck laying around, I can give it a good home…  ;D
If it was good enough for Danny Bonaduce, it ought to be good enough for fake bass players everywhere!

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Re: Finally have something to post
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 08:43:45 AM »
Yeah I saw pics on Facebook of that house filled with bodies and neck that were full of worm holes.
Some of the guitars that I saw -that were built with these parts- looked kinda rough around the edges. I remember thinking: what a shame, for the same kind money/effort they could have done a much better job...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 04:59:33 PM »
Sorry to hear that you had to sell off your gear. Life sometimes happens that way.

I use Imgur as a free host for pics.

daan

• View Profile
If it was good enough for Danny Bonaduce, it ought to be good enough for fake bass players everywhere!

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 11:44:14 AM »
If you use the link beginning and ending with [IMG] or use the image link thing above here, we can see them immediately.

Nice pics!

daan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2022, 11:56:15 AM »
Thank you. I think I know what my parents were feeling as they were trying to program their VCR…😂 I should be better at technology than I am.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2022, 12:56:03 PM »
Those sure need some work, but if the peice is right and you can do the work, could be worth it.

When you're logged in at Imgur, hover over the photo and you'll see a Copy Link button and next to that, a button with three dots. Click that one and you'll see Get Share Links. Click on that and you'll see BB Code (Forums) as one of the options. Click Copy Link and then just paste it into your post. Sounds complicated but you get used to it quickly.