Author Topic: NBD - Player series P Bass  (Read 1862 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: NBD - Player series P Bass
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2022, 01:18:35 AM »
As said I was in for a maple board P, decided on a Buttercream, but when I saw a Strat in that colour I found it too yellow. It's creamier on pics.

While thinking what to do next, my dealer told me a Limited Run would come out. A maple board one in Ocean Turquoise Metallic. I used to play a Fiesta Red '50s P reissue a lot, with gold guard, maple board (very wide 44mm neck) and the colour which is red on the Fender website and orange or pink in real life, depending on artiticial or natural light. So yes, I prefer striking combinations over the black or burst P's. When I saw the pics I didn't know what to think, but I started to love it:)

This limited run was already available in the US and it came to Europe now. I already have a Mustang in OTM. It is a Fender and Ford colour, but it's almost the same as yellowed Lake Placid Blue. My Mustang has the yellowed stripes too, so everybody thinks it's an old one. I compared it to a real 'Stang with yellowed blue and the similarity is striking.

The bass came in last thursday and I like it a lot. It resonates on hyour body. I prefer maple boards with the tone turned down a bit over rosewood on P's, voor a similar but more open sound. The tone pot isn't great, so maybe I change that in future. It's a bit of an on/off affair so clear or warm, and I might want a more in between setting.

But the bass is gorgeous, plats gorgeous, was set up great, it's a looker, the neck is nice. Love it!

Sorry for the bad stock pics. I need to make nice pics myself.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2022, 05:43:55 AM »
That's beautiful!

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2022, 02:41:05 PM »
That is a smashing combination of colours!

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2022, 07:09:29 AM »
I love that color, good choice!

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2022, 03:20:30 AM »
The nice thing about Fenders is that you can spin a screwdriver and come up with new instruments! Since my last post in here I've swapped the necks around on my two P Basses and replaced the Bartolini with an old MIM pickup as it sounds a bit more traditional!

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2022, 05:07:14 PM »
Likin' that combo/

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2022, 06:01:48 PM »
Olympia White with red tort is one of the most classic bass combinations.  Always tasteful!!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."