Author Topic: Explorerbird, but No Entwistle  (Read 810 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Explorerbird, but No Entwistle
« on: May 31, 2022, 08:31:30 AM »
Of course it's strange 'we' call Entwistles Explorers with Fender necks Explorerbird. The Fenderbird was logical but... And our Cataldo uses it too. But now the name is official.

Also great bass content, so I think I can post it here. Wait for the EB2.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Explorerbird, but No Entwistle
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 10:26:03 AM »
Ich liebe das Fräulein Hale (and her hilarious vid) though her prevailing preferences leave me most likely chanceless with her.

Nothing wrong with that combination of headstock and body, looks fine. And the FBird/TBird was inspired by the earlier Explorer anyway, Ray Dietrich just gave it some Art Deco flourish and honed away the (beginning) space age angularity of the commercially failed Explorer.

I've seen Halesorm live, she and her men kicketh the proverbial butt and what have you. Force of nature, rated HDDD (Holy Donut-Divin' Diva).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 11:09:50 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 02:49:06 PM »
Ich liebe das Fräulein Hale (and her hilarious vid) though her prevailing preferences leave me most likely chanceless with her.

According to her Wikipedia page she has a foot in both kampfs.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 07:33:32 PM »
Moving in stereo then ...

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 02:16:23 AM »
Pretty sure I'm not hearing there what I'm seeing. BTW looks just like my old 1968 EB2C Sparkling Burgundy. Prettiest bass I've ever owned (Ric Shadow a close second).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 02:36:09 AM by ilan »
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 02:22:33 AM »
Of course it's strange 'we' call Entwistles Explorers with Fender necks Explorerbird

They should be called Oxplorer bass  ;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 02:30:55 AM by ilan »

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 07:11:15 AM »
Pretty sure I'm not hearing there what I'm seeing. BTW looks just like my old 1968 EB2C Sparkling Burgundy. Prettiest bass I've ever owned (Ric Shadow a close second).

Unless removing the .01 cap makes your EB-2 sound like a Dingwall going through a darkglass pedal, I'm inclined to agree with you.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 08:12:27 AM »
I took a quick look at this yesterday and didn't see any "bird" outside of the headstock. Is that it???

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2022, 08:42:12 AM »
Yes, just the headstock making the design look a bit like the silhouette of a complete vulture. I like it (though the original Explorer headstock is nice as well and very elegant). However, along those lines they could have called the Victory just as well the Vicbird.

But Explorers look good on her and she plays them mostly. But I guess she likes the FBird/TBird headstock too. Seems to be a woman who digs it both ways, uhum. And a good cook, what's not to like?

Not her first Gibson signature model either, she had a dedicated Gibson Explorer model a few years ago (and also from Epiphone):

She plays the white one here (stuff off the new album which continues her path of becoming sort of the guitar-slinger version of Pink, yet retaining the metal fan base):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srT0pgC_yto&list=PLWf29sMBi0ui9cz-4qKKkEJe-N_oXUb0x

You really should go out more often, Tom.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 09:03:41 AM by uwe »

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2022, 08:27:24 AM »
I've seen her white one. Nice looking guitar, but I don't like gold. My cousin recently started playing drums in a new Halestorm tribute band. I generally really dislike modern hard rock and metal (post-grunge I guess you would call it?), but they do some interesting stuff. Always better to see a band doing it live.

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2022, 07:32:22 AM »
Just because you all like him so much

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2022, 10:26:05 AM »
I don't have issues with the young man, he waffles along pleasantly, with not too much content getting in the way cerebrally. Like a large bag of :popcorn: : Keeps you busy, but nutritionally insubstantial.

My life experience is: Talkative people are not evil; and when they give you headaches, you can generally tell them to shut up and they can take that with grace. It's not like they haven't heard it before. 8)

Our keyboard player is like that, great musician and lovely guy, but as verbose as a grand piano has keys (while I have a habit of not talking much at rehearsals at all, I'm the Salieri to his Mozart).

European Asterix & Obelix readers will know what I mean, when I sum up my occasional feelings for him like this:

PS: They really could have added a cardinal red matching lipstick - Lizzy's favorite - as case candy to the Lezzplorer, don't you think?!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 10:38:04 AM by uwe »