Author Topic: Maruszczyk announces the Phoenix in their configurator  (Read 826 times)

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Maruszczyk announces the Phoenix in their configurator
« on: May 07, 2022, 01:51:27 AM »
Maruszczyk has been building the Phoenix (=Thunderbird) for a while.
But now you can assemble your own online and then order it. Pretty impressive.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
Re: Maruszczyk announces the Phoenix in their configurator
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 07:23:47 AM »
I was seriously considering ordering a custom Frog model from these guys not too long ago. I decided against it for a couple of reasons, but they seem to build quality stuff. Looks like they may be making some cool 'birds soon.

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 12:27:52 PM »
Has anybody had a play with their creator app yet? I made a nice T-bird with chrome pickups, but couldn't decide between a nice teal or vintage white. I didn't see any option to delete a pickup and make a TB II?

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 12:39:51 PM »
When Rob/Basvarken posted it, the bass wasn't in it yet. It is now. Nice! I made some nice ones. I don't like the 40mm option for the neck width. But set neck could be cool.

saltymonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 06:37:08 PM »
I made 4 different birds already. Very cool. The Hipshot D style bridge with separate tailpiece and chrome pickups with rings are sweet. A lot of cool color choices too. But, no mahogany neck, only the body. And the only color available on a total mahogany body is trans cherry. If you choose a different top wood on a mahogany body there are a lot more transparent color choices available. Solid/opaque colors are only available on an Alder body. That kind of blows. Personally I never thought of ordering a Tbird that wasn't mahogany but I wouldn't want one in natural or cherry or with a figured top. Were the Bachs mahogany? I can't recall. I stupidly sold the white one Carlo sold me. That neck was nice.  I did't think of a TB II while configuring but that's a great idea. It would be awesome if you could order one like that.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 10:23:41 PM by saltymonkey »

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2022, 12:41:43 AM »
Maruszczyk is a small company and maybe the configurator has just as much as options available, but not all. I guess if you talk to Adrian you can have a mahogany body in sparkling silver.

I think the BaCHbirds were mahogany too. The bodies for sure.

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2022, 07:04:35 AM »
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2022, 08:48:13 AM »
Maruszczyk is a small company and maybe the configurator has just as much as options available, but not all. I guess if you talk to Adrian you can have a mahogany body in sparkling silver.

I've definitely seen basses from them with options that aren't listed in the configurator. I believe the company is based in Germany, but manufacturing is in Poland.