Author Topic: 'tis but a scratch  (Read 447 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
'tis but a scratch
« on: May 04, 2022, 05:05:56 PM »
Florida Ford GT Owner Crashes Because He's "Unfamiliar" With Manual Transmission

Not insured either! But it's probably only about 200K worth of damage.

westen44

• View Profile
Re: 'tis but a scratch
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 08:01:01 PM »
Only in a place like Florida could something like this happen--"head-on collision with a palm tree."

I prefer manual over automatic, but obviously the same couldn't be said for this guy. 

It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 08:51:29 PM »
As Bugs Bunny said "Ahhhhhhh....what a maroon!"

And the car wasn't even registered or insured.  Just bought it at a high end auction.

He isn't the first to stomp a gas pedal in a supercar he knew nothing about and immediately lose control due to the unexpected power.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 05:06:29 AM »
"unfamiliar with how to drive stick shift," police say ...

A rather common ailment in the North American hemisphere, is it not?

:popcorn:

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2022, 07:30:26 AM »
As a lifelong car guy from a blue collar family, I hate these kind of idiots. More money than brains. And they've priced guys like me out of the market with their little "trading cars at inflated prices" auctions. I don't have enough middle fingers for the driver and others like him.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2022, 08:35:41 AM »

My Harley-Davidson is - very audibly ... CLANK ... - a manual, but once a Volvo has a certain amount of horsepower you don't even have a choice anymore, they only offer automatic.

If you do a lot of metropolitan driving, a stick can become tiresome quick. (rhymes!)
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 03:22:01 PM »
As a lifelong car guy from a blue collar family, I hate these kind of idiots. More money than brains. And they've priced guys like me out of the market with their little "trading cars at inflated prices" auctions. I don't have enough middle fingers for the driver and others like him.

I hear you.  I started working on cars at 18 and still do, but I tackle lighter jobs than I once did.  It's the boomers from my generation with more money than sense that are pricing interesting cars out of sight. 
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2022, 07:41:33 AM »
If you do a lot of metropolitan driving, a stick can become tiresome quick. (rhymes!)

Yup. I have an auto in my Mustang. The 10% of the time I wished it had a stick is outweighed by the 90% of the time that I'm happy to put it in gear and go. I've got it custom tuned, which includes tweaking the shift points. No complaints!

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2022, 03:29:42 PM »

The same thing is happening to used guitars and basses. A good chunk of them are as competent musically as that guy was behind the wheel.