Author Topic: Ted Nugent auction  (Read 1676 times)

Rob

• View Profile
Re: Ted Nugent auction
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2021, 02:37:12 PM »
So... you won't be bidding on his guitars?  :mrgreen:
Or the crossbow? :puke: :puke: :puke:

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2021, 04:35:57 PM »
Speaking of Alex Jones, here's a heavy metal treatment to him speaking. Works well together.

Animal cruelty is indefensible but seeing what happens to a deer population when there are no controls on it's numbers is gross too. So many dead ones on the roads of eastern long island it's truly heartbreaking.

1. Alex is a real talent. He does lots of things right, but seldom something well.

2. I have no issues with hunting for population control or to eat or because an animal is posing a danger to humans. But that video of Ted killing a bear saw him practically have a boner while the bear was suffering. It was obscene. Can't find the vid right now, it's apparently no longer up, but this here is similar, if not quite as bad, but he still has a boner. Watch from 1:40 onwards at your own peril, not for the faint-hearted. I've been to hunts, but I never saw someone gloat like that.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 04:43:49 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2021, 07:18:06 PM »
Fifty grand for a restored Bronco?  I will pass.  Lots of fun stuff there.  I have always enjoyed Ted.  Good luck.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2021, 12:08:10 PM »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2021, 01:50:02 PM »
Hope he gets better soon. Regarding masks, this scientific study concludes they are ineffective at blocking covid-19 transmission between people.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7680614/
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2021, 03:17:52 PM »
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2021, 04:05:22 PM »

Nuff said.  :rolleyes:

I don't wish him ill, just some - and I use the word cautiously with him - self-realization once he recuperates. Switch on your mind Ted next time you loudmouth about something you have no idea about.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2021, 05:27:13 PM »
Hope he gets better soon. Regarding masks, this scientific study concludes they are ineffective at blocking covid-19 transmission between people.

Interesting article, but I checked the disclaimer on the page, and it stated in part:

"PMC is a repository of content primarily from two sources: peer reviewed journals that overall have met NLM’s standards for PMC; and peer reviewed author manuscripts deposited in compliance with the public access policy of NIH or other collaborating funders.

PMC is not a publisher and does not publish journal articles itself. Once a journal as a whole has been accepted for inclusion in PMC, NLM does not judge the quality of individual articles and relies on the scientific publishing process to identify and address problems through published comments, corrections, and retractions. NIH and other funders do not dictate the journals in which their funded authors may publish. Consequently, author manuscripts in PMC may be from journals that have not yet undergone scientific review by NLM, are traditionally out of scope for the NLM collection, or have not met NLM’s standards for PMC.

In addition, as of June 2020 PMC includes preprints reporting NIH supported research in support of the NIH Preprint Pilot. As preprints are interim research products that have not been peer reviewed, readers should be aware that any aspect of the research, including the results and conclusions, may change as a result of peer review.

The presence of an article in PMC does not reflect an endorsement of, or concurrence with, the contents of the article by NLM.
"

This particular article was published by them in November of 2020, and it appears to me that the world has had more experience and learned more about the efficacy of face masks related to Covid since then. It was not from a peer reviewed journal, and is a single author article which may or may not have been reviewed by peers. There is no indication of what review(s) the article may have undergone. I do note that the grammar is erratic and there are typos here and there. I therefore assume it has not been reviewed, but published under the June 2020 preprint pilot referred to in the third  paragraph quoted above. 

This article is not actually a scientific study, it is a compilation and interpretation of articles and meta-analyses and studies, some of which date back a few years. This approach is generally is OK with me, but we should realize it is not a report of a study conducted by the author or others. It is instead an interpretation of other studies reported in scientific literature.  Cherry picking is by no means uncommon with an article of this nature.

The article is so relentlessly negative that I personally would take its interpretation with caution.  If this sounds like I read it with a questioning attitude and looking for a basis to challenge its assertions, that is a correct assumption.  YMMV.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 05:38:49 PM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2021, 11:26:29 PM »
Regarding masks, this scientific study concludes they are ineffective at blocking covid-19 transmission between people.

And there are scientific studies proving the earth is flat too ;)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2021, 03:32:40 AM »
But that we already knew, why still investigate it?

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2021, 05:31:38 PM »
And there are scientific studies proving the earth is flat too ;)

The earth has less curvature than a Home Depot 2 X 4.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2021, 06:14:13 PM »
Personally, I never went for that globe theory either, doesn't make sense.

And as long as no one tips our earth disc on its head, we're all safe. Take a ride to the land (slipped) disc inside of your mind.

He's a good guitarist alright, very organic and rhythmically accurate, yet full of groove. Someone just tape his mouth shut.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 06:35:06 PM by uwe »