Author Topic: '68 Thunderbird project  (Read 818 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
'68 Thunderbird project
« on: February 21, 2020, 04:20:45 AM »
    I  thought I would post this down here as well,  I know Bill would have really enjoyed this one and probably have been just a little bit jealous but happy for me never the less.
    This bass is a good candidate for restoration, the usual Dimarzio,  refin, repaired headstock debauchery. The good news is the headstock repair is solid and just needs some dolling up,  as for the Dimarzio I have a Thunderbucker on order. Right now I have a empty cover in there. I did a quick clean up,  installed a Badbird Bridge and strung her up.  The repair is solid,  truss rod worksand she plays well, a few high frets around the 15th. I'll post more as the project progresses.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: '68 Thunderbird project
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 03:42:40 PM »
Polaris White sounds good but I might have a leaning to Inverness Green as I look towards Inverness from my window... :D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

D.M.N.

• View Profile
Re: '68 Thunderbird project
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 06:59:11 PM »
How the hell did I not see this on Reverb?! Damn it.