Gear Discussion Forums > Guitars Etc.

New Fender ukes styled like their electrics

(1/2) > >>

Dave W:
NAMM 2020: Fullerton Ukulele Series – Fender builds the coolest Ukes!

These are available for preorder @ $199 USD. Despite the series name, I'm pretty sure they aren't MIA at that price. Apparently they will have some sort of preamp system. Unfortunately, the top is laminated.

westen44:
George Harrison would have probably been interested in those.  He used to drive around with a trunk full of ukes. 

Dave W:
Trunk Full Of Ukes = good band name

westen44:
Tom Petty on George Harrison and ukes--

"He came in with two ukuleles and gave me one. 'You gotta play this thing, it's great! Let's jam.' I have no idea how to play a ukulele. 'Oh, it's no problem, I'll show you.' So we spent the rest of the day playing ukuleles, strolling around the yard. My wrist hurt the next day. But he taught me how to play it, and a lot of the chord formations. When he was going I walked out to the car and he said, 'Well, wait... I want to leave some ukuleles here.' He'd already given me one, so I said, 'Well, I've got this.' 'No, we may need more!' He opened his trunk and he had a lot of ukulele in there, and I think he left four at my house. He said, 'Well, you never know when we might need them, because not everybody carries one around.'"

OldManC:
That is one of the best, most George stores I ever heard. Love it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version