Author Topic: heavily modded SB-300 on reverb  (Read 644 times)

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
heavily modded SB-300 on reverb
« on: June 28, 2019, 08:42:41 AM »
https://reverb.com/item/25770266-1971-gibson-sb-300-highly-modified-players-bass-walnut

Price seems stupidly high to me given it's been routed so much and doesn't come with original pickups or bridge.
But I bet it plays nice and probably has at least one good sound :)

What the hell do all the switches do though?
And where did all the logos go?
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy

ajkula66

• View Profile
Re: heavily modded SB-300 on reverb
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 11:34:46 AM »
I saw that one and wanted to pull my hair out. And I've seen (and owned) my fair share of molested guitars and basses.

Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $200 for it, and even for that I'd have to see it in person.

"...knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules..." (King Crimson)

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 11:39:20 AM »
https://reverb.com/item/25770266-1971-gibson-sb-300-highly-modified-players-bass-walnut

Price seems stupidly high to me given it's been routed so much and doesn't come with original pickups or bridge.
But I bet it plays nice and probably has at least one good sound :)

What the hell do all the switches do though?
And where did all the logos go?

I think that all those empty jack daniels bottles in the pics answers some of your questions :)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 08:34:14 PM »
They're dreaming at that price. "true vintage vibe and tone" my ass. Amateur refin.

It's worth whatever used tuners, bridge, and Model One would bring. Maybe a few dollars more if the P and J pickups can be identified and have some value.