Author Topic: Technophobe advice for my wife...  (Read 2595 times)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Re: Technophobe advice for my wife...
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 04:23:10 AM »
Did you get one of these, Mark?   ;D

The drummer in our group has one of those Zooms - I think it's that H2.  It does a respectable job, from what I've heard of it.

That picture is so funny. I remember my old boss got one the first mobile phones! His was about that size, but had to attached to a large suitcase. It was so ridiculous, everyone laughed at him. He also owned a Delorean!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 05:26:37 AM by Barklessdog »

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 06:55:55 AM »
I remember seeing The A Team with Face having a big mobile phone with a large battery pack in his Corvette and thinking: If I ever have a mobile phone I made it!

Now seven year olds have 'm!

JTE

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 01:11:05 PM »
The October issue of Bass Player magazine (it arrived at home yesterday- has Justin Medal Johnsen on the cover with a very cool lookin' Fender P bass BTW) has an overview of a bunch of hand-held digital recorders.   I haven't read it, but it inludes some pretty detailed specs on each unit and brief review by the BP staff.  Check it out, it might be a big help for you.

jte
Without space, music is just noise piling up on itself

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 01:35:54 PM »

AARP is on top of their game.  I got a package from them on my 50th as well and several offers since.  it wasn't a day or two early, it was the very day I turned 50.  how did they know?

I dunno, but they mailed a packet to me just before my 50th. I joined the DAY I was eligible - and the AARP temp card got me a $15 discount on a hotel room that weekend.  ARP is jake with me.

Seems like the Zoom recorders are most represented on Ebay, but there are other digital recorders - might look around for something less expensive.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."