Author Topic: A trip to the Waukesha (Wisconsin) County Museum.................  (Read 2718 times)

daan

• View Profile
Re: A trip to the Waukesha (Wisconsin) County Museum.................
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2018, 08:42:52 PM »
West Allis?

The internet brought Les Paul back into the public eye. Gibson fans always knew who he was, but he hadn't been a star for many years. It's good that the area recognizes him now.

Mukwonago, actually... there was a neat old stone bank building in downtown Waukesha (empty for years, of course) that I remember hearing there might be some kind of a Les  Paul museum years ago, that nothing ever came of. At least he gets the exhibit he has, though.
A lot of the old part of Waukesha is made of the pretty yellow stone as the courthouse building in the first post. It really is a nice looking town.
If it was good enough for Danny Bonaduce, it ought to be good enough for fake bass players everywhere!

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2018, 06:47:36 AM »
Part of the on going renovation of the old courthouse is adding condos to some of the upper floors. If you ever wanted to live by the "Wizard of Waukesha", get your name on the list!

There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2018, 08:37:23 AM »
Part of the on going renovation of the old courthouse is adding condos to some of the upper floors. If you ever wanted to live by the "Wizard of Waukesha", get your name on the list!

Live by him? Is he interred there? Condos over a mausoleum?

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2018, 02:28:54 PM »
Live by him? Is he interred there? Condos over a mausoleum?

Even though the building looks like it could make a great mausoleum, Lester is buried a few blocks away................

There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2018, 03:39:41 PM »
An old Catholic church in my home town was converted to condos.  The Waukesha courthouse reminds me of it.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2018, 04:27:48 PM »
I'd rather see old buildings become condos than fall into disrepair or ruin.

Reminds me of a former coworker in Wisconsin who wanted to convert a nice old vacant church into a topless bar and call it Jehovah's Joint. City planners don't take kindly to business proposals like that.