Main Forums > The Bass Zone

NAMM Rumours?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Chris P.:
My news until today:

- No Gibson

- Fender:

Replaces the American Vintage Series for the American Original Series. Less 'year correct' but 'period correct' and cheaper. They have a maple neck '50s P, a rosewood neck '60s P, a rosewood neck '60s J and a maple neck '70s J.

Very limited is the Parallel Universe Limited Edition '51 P bass, which is like the 60th anniversary P with a J pickup. So a Tele Bass body with PJ.

Rumble 40 Studio and Rumble 800 Stage. 40W 1x10" and 800W 2x10"  with bluetooth and all kinds of effects.

- Aguilar SL 212

- Ibanez comes with its first upright bass. a 34" with stand, made by sister brand Tama.

- Tech21 brings the dUg Pinnick pedal which is a preamp kinda effects pedal with compressor, drive, ....

- Warwick's model of the year is a Streamer neck through with Aguilar preamp and pickups

- RockBoard comes with an awful lot of pedalboards which aren't Pedal Train copies anymore. They look good, come with bag or case ane you can by several modules for all kind of stuff: midi, just power, certain ways of loops. All boards have room for the modules and you can also use power supplies of other brands.

Dave W:
A new P/J? How original!

Pilgrim:
The funny thing is that they'll bring out a PJ in the Tele series, the purists will moan and bitch about:

* The departure from purity
* The new pickups aren't as good/bad/strong/weak/deep/rich (pick one or more) as the originals
* The fretboard is wrong (frets, wood or markers)
* Other real or imaginary issues
And then the marketplace will start buying them, mainly because they look cool and vintage. Shouldn't take long until a road worn version comes out. That will sell pretty well, too.

Basvarken:
The Ibanez EUB:

https://www.dawsons.co.uk/ibanez-2018-ub804-upright-electric-bass-mahogany-oil-burst

Not my cup of tea (at all...)

Pilgrim:
I'd be interested in trying out one of those.  Doubt I'll see one in my area, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version