Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

Gibson's legal department strikes again

<< < (5/6) > >>

Basvarken:
Most definitely intentional. You don't make it this way by accident. :mrgreen:

the mojo hobo:

--- Quote from: Dave W on January 26, 2018, 12:52:16 PM ---Isn't that just the underside of the top? According to Gibson, it's a semi-hollow with a center block. Or at least it's supposed to be.

--- End quote ---

Look at it again. There is a block, maybe 3/4" thick on the underside of the top. If you pause the video at 11 sec. you will see one end of it and at 13 the other end.

Dave W:

--- Quote from: the mojo hobo on January 26, 2018, 05:21:00 PM ---Look at it again. There is a block, maybe 3/4" thick on the underside of the top. If you pause the video at 11 sec. you will see one end of it and at 13 the other end.

--- End quote ---

That's the spruce kerfing that's attached to the underside of the top. There should be a solid block attached to the back, with no space in between it and the kerfing, but it's just not there. It's no wonder that the bridge wobbled when he used the Bigsby.

the mojo hobo:
I don't have one of those little cameras, but my ES Les Paul bass looks like it is constructed in the same manner.

66Atlas:
I once assembled a motor and somehow forgot to install piston rings. Took me a whole day to figure out why I had no compression. 

If someone really did forget to install a center block I'd like to buy him a beer and commiserate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version