Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

Gibson's legal department strikes again

<< < (3/6) > >>

Denis:
"Gibson's strict quality control standards"

That made me snort too although in complete fairness the quality on my G3 and NR are first rate.

Chris P.:
And of course Slash became famous with a Derrig LP Copy, so his signatures are a copy of a copy of an LP. The headstock of the miniatures should read Derrig :)

mc2NY:
Funco should pay the licensing fees and then have all their employees have their kids choke on pieces of the guitars and sue the crap out of Gibson for it. 🤡🤡

Granny Gremlin:

--- Quote from: Dave W on December 30, 2017, 09:27:52 AM ---Most of them are still problem free. 2017 and 2018 guitars I saw at GC recently all looked great. Still, if Sweetwater's rejection rate is accurate, it's way too high, and makes Gibson's claim of strict quality control standards laughable.

That thread I mentioned at MLP had the most bizarre example I've heard of: somebody bought an Memphis ES-LesPaul with Bigsby that had got past Gibson Memphis' QC inspectors even though they forgot to install the center block. The guy had photos of the interior taken at the top and bottom of the f-holes, you could see that it was a full hollowbody. How does that even happen?

--- End quote ---

If it wasn't for the fact that it's accidental (and glaringly appealingly so) that would actually make me want it more.

uwe:
Probably a collectible by now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version