Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

RIP Malcolm Young

<< < (2/3) > >>

Basvarken:

--- Quote from: Rob on November 18, 2017, 04:00:04 PM ---I think their older brother George (The Easybeats) passed awa y recently too.
RIP

--- End quote ---

That's what I wrote in the opening sentence of this topic.

doombass:
Some of the loss feels handled already considering his prior condition but still sad of course. RIP and thanks for all the inspiration Mal. Fantastic guitarplayer who never strayed away from the path once he had set it out.

I read a rare (since Malcolm rarely did interviews like that) ca '93 interview reissued in Classic Rock a few years ago where there was a real struggle to get anything out of him. When Malcolm revealed that he saw Led Zeppelin live in the 70's there was hope for getting some answers what he thought of them. Only answer: "Nah, the singer was a blonde fellar. Bit of a poser."

Same with modern (at the time) music. The journalist again lit his hopes up when on the question if Malcolm had listened to any modern music, he after some thought says: "My daughter listens to this band Nirveeaanah (Aussie accent)." Question: "So what do you think about them"
Answer: "Nah, the singer's a blonde fellar. Bit of of a poser"

Basvarken:
Haha, brilliant! :thumbsup:

Rob:

--- Quote from: Basvarken on November 19, 2017, 12:39:18 AM ---That's what I wrote in the opening sentence of this topic.

--- End quote ---
OOPS!  :rolleyes:

Dave W:
Sounds like Malcolm was a man of few words.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version