Gear Discussion Forums > Bill's Shop: Projects, Mods & Repairs

Couple of Jack Casady questions!

<< < (18/19) > >>

Dave W:

--- Quote from: Alanko on December 03, 2017, 06:13:28 AM ---True, but steveonbass did!

8)

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure he's just talking about the pickup being more responsive than usual to plucking/picking hand touch. At least that's its reputation.

steveonbass:

--- Quote from: Dave W on December 03, 2017, 11:44:38 AM ---Pretty sure he's just talking about the pickup being more responsive than usual to plucking/picking hand touch. At least that's its reputation.

--- End quote ---

That's exactly what i meant.  The output is very dynamically responsive to right (in my case) hand touch.

Alanko:

--- Quote from: steveonbass on December 04, 2017, 10:57:41 PM ---That's exactly what i meant.  The output is very dynamically responsive to right (in my case) hand touch.

--- End quote ---

That sounds good! I liked the stock Casady pickup but it wasn't the most dynamically responsive.

BTL:

--- Quote from: Alanko on November 30, 2017, 12:02:22 PM ---I think a dummy coil might rob too much of the magic from the Bisonic. I have a dummy coil in my PJ bass, and it has robbed that bass of some of its magic.

Anyway, now I'm here:

--- End quote ---
This is going to be a really cool instrument when completed.

I know that two of the guys who own Primaluxes fitted with the Guild BS-1 absolutely love them.

They are local to each other and had the opportunity to A/B them together with the Fralin Big Single (my favorite), Lollar Thunderbird, and TV Jones Thunder'blade.

One is the company rep for the Class D power unit that most of the big bass amp builders are using, and can own and play nearly anything you could imagine.

He has scaled his gear back significantly, and yet he's keeping the BS-1 equipped Primaluxe.

the mojo hobo:

--- Quote from: Alanko on December 02, 2017, 12:20:36 PM ---The air is thick with the smell of Isopon P38 body filler. Every last dink, dent and abrasion is being lovingly filled with car body filler.

--- End quote ---

JB Weld has a product that acts like car body filler but is made for wood. Can be found at any home improvement store. I used it on a crack in the front porch, I think it is stronger than the car filler.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version