Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

German vs. Italian technology

<< < (2/3) > >>

Grog:
That definitely made the "Trunk Monkey" obsolete in my book................ But we weren't comparing American technology.

westen44:
Indiana Jones--Austrian vs. German Way

patman:
Was told by my daughter just back from traveling through Europe and South Africa, that Munich was the only place where people were unfriendly and would not help her, or even acknowledge whether they spoke English...even the subway people....she thought it was something against Americans, or the English...

She said an elderly woman came to her rescue, though, when she heard the subway people refuse to help her find her way...

She liked the people in Spain, France, the Czech Republic and South Africa(where she stayed a month)...

uwe:
I'm not surprised. No one in his right mind likes Munich. Totally overrated and only popular with tourists. Until they have been there!

Raiders of the Lost Ark III was the worst one. Only her fake Tshörmenn äkzent was any gööd. And of course, the Austrians had the reputation of being the worst Nazis of all.

westen44:
My first trip to Europe many years ago was to Germany.  The three main cities I visited were Frankfurt, Nuremberg and Munich.  When I took the train from Frankfurt,  I was actually astonished at the sound of German in Munich.  I had heard the different accents in the movies.  But in person I found the Frankfurt and Munich accents to be radically different.  I don't know any German.  I'm just referring to the sounds themselves.  For the first few minutes in the Munich train station I was kind of overwhelmed.  To my ears, it sounded like something had gone wrong with the German language from Frankfurt to Munich.  This is all subjective and I'm sure some people would disagree.  But that's my take on the matter.  I've mentioned this in another thread, but thought i'd mention it again since Munich came up. 

I have some friends who just got back from Spain.  I was surprised when they told me that they had found Spain a little unfriendly.  It just isn't the kind of thing you'd expect to hear from them.  I wouldn't want to let that stop me from going to Spain some day, though.  I'd also like to go to Portugal. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version