Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

Tom Peterson's mystery 4-string

<< < (3/3)

ilan:

--- Quote from: Alanko on April 07, 2017, 03:57:32 AM ---Adding 'ka' or 'ko' is apparently common, though Alan isn't a name over there. My girlfriend has kept this odd tradition alive.

--- End quote ---
My wife does the same with my name, it's Ilan (pronounced Elon, like Elon Musk).

daan:
I'm a HUGE Matsumoku nerd. I probably could go on and on about these, but I'll try to keep it short: At some point in the late 70's Mats. started a Korean factory, and they made a bunch of their designs "over there" to kinda test out everything. That's where the "Hondo Professional" stuff came from. (I have a "Skylark" guitar, and a "HIIP" guitar, and they're 90% similar- the difference is kinda like a "Custom Shop" whatever vs. a Squier/Epi) Mats. was no different than other Japanese companies, they made stuff for whoever hired them, so one design could have 14 different brand names on it. Oh, and they made neck-thru, set-neck and bolt-on ("Bayonet mount") stuff all in the same design guitars, like the Skylark I have.

amptech:
I remember spending years trying to find out what brand my friend's matsumoku fender copy bass was. This was before internet.
I was so happy when I walked into a shop that sold one : it had a logo! It was an Aria Diamond 1820.

And then I got somewhat puzzled again when I saw the Epiphone T280. Ah, the mysteries in life...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version