Gear Discussion Forums > Guitars Etc.

Les paul with flying V headstock?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Grog:

--- Quote from: Basvarken on February 09, 2017, 11:55:16 PM ---Not so fast gentlemen. Maybe it was a Marauder?

--- End quote ---

I think you nailed it Rob........... I've recently been dealing with Marauder bridge pickups. A local seller on Reverb had a set of NOS pickups that he thought were Les Paul Recording pickups. What caught my eye was that they were probably the closest thing in a high impedance pickup that looks like the low impedance pickups. The early ones were clear, but the later pickups were black. I contacted him, let him know what he really had. He dropped the price & I bought them. There is a lot of misinformation out there on whether these are single coil or humbuckers, even in Gibson's own advertisements.   They were designed by Bill Lawrence to be high output, I believe them to be single coils. The reason I bought them..........  I've been tossing around the idea of having a double neck bass built. I have all of the guts of a Les Paul Triumph bass & I would like the guitar part to be high impedance. I would have the bass on the bottom, unlike any Gibson double neck.
I had a short opportunity to make surrounds that would match the bass pickups. We'll see what happens from here.

wellREDman:

--- Quote from: Basvarken on February 09, 2017, 11:55:16 PM ---Not so fast gentlemen. Maybe it was a Marauder?

--- End quote ---

Bingo thats what it was, and i'm a bit in love with it, in black, with just the right amount of Mojo

Dave W:
Well, that solves it. But I didn't mention the Marauder b/c if you've ever seen one hanging next to a real LP, you'd know it's no LP.

gearHed289:

--- End quote ---

That was my first thought. Paul Stanley destroyed a lot of those in the 70s. He also pawned some when the band was broke pre-Destroyer.

Basvarken:

--- Quote from: Dave W on February 10, 2017, 08:28:28 AM ---Well, that solves it. But I didn't mention the Marauder b/c if you've ever seen one hanging next to a real LP, you'd know it's no LP.

--- End quote ---

Haha. Well, if I would have to describe how a Marauder looks, I'd say: "it's like a Les Paul with a bolt on neck and Flying V headstock"   :mrgreen:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version