Author Topic: Idiot of the week - special Texas A&M content for Pilgrim!  (Read 3220 times)

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Idiot of the week - special Texas A&M content for Pilgrim!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 09:24:36 PM »
That is a step above standard college student idiocy. I was happy to leave A&M, but I can't single their students out for being that different in terms of "drunk & stupid."
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 12:08:23 PM »
(Topless) pic or that thread doesnt exist! :D
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 12:56:09 PM »
You Yanks are strange, all the poor girl does is keep abreast of the traffic situation, yet you arrest her when she only don zilch!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 01:39:42 PM »
Breaking news everyone: Dad Jokes found to be next level worse in Germany and the root cause of their current social unrest for which refugees are being scapegoated.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 02:05:42 PM »
 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:  :rimshot:

Darn, I knew it was a mistake to sign CETA with you guys!

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 02:25:34 PM »
I remember the first 2 times I realised that things were different in Europe.  Both, topically, involved boobs in public places, but the most eye-openning one was when my uncle took me to the local swimming hole in some small town outside of Regensburg, conveniently as everyone was getting off work.  That was the best game of beach volleyball I had ever seen (I had a hard time keeping track of where the ball was; too many similarly sized vaguely spherical objects in motion).  ... and it wasn't a month later when I realised that the differences weren't all good; I swear it could have been one of those very same volleyball players, at her day job as security at Munich Airport.  She pulled me aside (unaccompanied minor FYI) as the random for extra screening, and took her time rifling through my underwear and eyeing me with some look on her face that I could not decipher the emotion behind, ignoring the butterfly knife I had bought in Krakow for a dollar (checked baggage, not carry on - I wasn't an idiot that much of an idiot), which I suppose aren't illegal there, but are here.  Bavarian women; epic bosoms with the tenacity to match.

The other one was Paris - my dad couldn't, try as he might, shield me from all of that.  Like, what are you gonna do when French people just going on being French in the crowded Eiffel Tower elevator.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 07:54:47 PM »
Comment from the original article in The Eagle (Bryan-College Station): What happens in College Station usually stays in College Station unless mom and dad read about it on the internet.

As dangerous as it was, you almost have to feel sorry for her since she's now internationally famous. I can just imagine a future employer googling her name.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 02:45:09 AM »
Oh my, let the boobs run free, it was only a prank gone wrong. Luckily no one was hurt in the crash, that's the most important thing. If you take an incident like that to decide about this young woman's career, then something is wrong with you, not her.

I'm sorry, Jake, how that beach volleyball disrupted your hormonal balance. I hope you grew out of it without further damage!

It's true that casual nudity is perceived as less eye-popping in some (not all) European countries. I remember my first wife (long before we were married) coming out of the bath tub to say hi to a couple of Detroit acquaintenances I had. This was around the mid-eighties. And, no, Martina did not wear a bikini when taking a bath at home. The Michiganers (brother and sister, early 20ies and all they ever talked about Ann Arbor was sex tales) were seriously shaken when Martina shook their hands coming out of the bath drying herself with a towel (the bath in our small apartment then did not have a door and as we were students and shared the three and a half room apartment with another couple with a small child there was always someone taking a bath since the shower didn't work too well with the ceiling being too low to stand up).

And a couple of years later, I lived in Brooklyn in a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood. Now I'm not a nudist, but to this day I really don't wear anything waking up in the morning (I sleep naked unless I have fever or something) until I go out of the house. Having breakfast, reading the news, feeding the reptiles, doing some work emails and, yes, showering and shaving before getting dressed for work is all done in my natural state (unless, I hasten to add, we have guests). And the Brooklyn brownstone apartment house I lived in (preferring it much to Manhattan, I thought Brooklyn was more American) did not have curtains (but it was on the 3rd or 4th floor). So one day two of my Hispanic neighbors from the house across the street knock on my apartment door and take me to task that their "little sisters" are watching me "doing your hair naked". What was potentially a somewhat strained situation was alleviated when they found out that I wasn't a nudist (as they had feared), not from the US ("oh, you're from Europe that explains it") and Catholic like them to boot. Anyway, being the culturally aware guy, I then started donning a shorts more often when I left the shower or bed though I never got to see the "little sisters" that had allegedly taken an interest in me before.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 05:25:26 AM by uwe »

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 09:58:26 AM »
The bible belt in the US (and its adherents elsewhere) are quick to proclaim the End of All Things if someone sees an uncovered boob.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 11:07:45 AM »
Oh my, let the boobs run free, it was only a prank gone wrong. Luckily no one was hurt in the crash, that's the most important thing. If you take an incident like that to decide about this young woman's career, then something is wrong with you, not her.

She crashed her car driving while intoxicated and with an open bottle of wine in her car. That's more serious than a prank gone wrong. Maybe that wouldn't hurt her in Germany, but it likely will here, now that it will be online forever. Some employers aren't forgiving and will count that against her if they have other qualified prospects.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 12:15:51 PM »
Oh my II, if every drunk driver was out of a career, unemployment rates would be hitting a peak here. I don't condone drunk driving (and have never done it), but her selfie might just as well have been the reason why she bumped into those cops. I'm sure she regrets it all, least not being arrested open-breasted (notice the rhyme).

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 02:17:55 PM »
Oh my II, if every drunk driver was out of a career, unemployment rates would be hitting a peak here. I don't condone drunk driving (and have never done it), but her selfie might just as well have been the reason why she bumped into those cops. I'm sure she regrets it all, least not being arrested open-breasted (notice the rhyme).

Of course that was the reason she crashed. Remember, boobs are like tactical weapons, only squishier.

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2016, 02:22:13 PM »
Kinda like plastique really, when you think about it.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2016, 02:41:31 PM »
No airbag jokes, bitte, that should really be beneath us.