Author Topic: General aaaaarrrrrghhhhh...  (Read 4868 times)

wellREDman

• View Profile
Re: General aaaaarrrrrghhhhh...
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2016, 05:18:41 PM »
What does any of this have to do with WWII aircraft? >:(
I wouldnt be hugely surprised if the Mosquito didnt have caulk holding something in place

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2016, 08:26:02 AM »
I wouldnt be hugely surprised if the Mosquito didnt have caulk holding something in place

That's better. Always one degree of separation around here.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2016, 10:25:09 AM »
Have used the bronze "Alex"...it is my favorite brand also...

Home Depot has a "Quad" brand, rated for exterior use.  Got some.  Might have the chance to use it tomorrow.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2016, 02:16:21 PM »
Home Depot has a "Quad" brand, rated for exterior use.  Got some.  Might have the chance to use it tomorrow.

OSI Quad is what the siding, window and roofing contractors around here use. Make sure you have a decent caulking gun, Quad requires some force to get out of the tube. Some cheap caulking guns won't be up to the job.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2016, 06:21:29 PM »
Thanks...good to know .
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2016, 11:20:25 PM »
Presume that stuff has good low-temp tolerance...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2016, 09:07:20 AM »
Presume that stuff has good low-temp tolerance...

Yup, it might as well have a little Frosty the Snowman on the label. 

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2016, 12:07:09 PM »
Like a newborn child it happens every day...

Paint it, black.  Or maybe to match the roof above would be better.
+1

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2016, 12:23:31 PM »
"......Make sure you have a decent caulking gun......."

If Pilgrim is anything like me he probably has a half dozen somewhere in his garage  :-[  Invariably when I need one I've properly stored mine and can't find them X months or years later so I buy yet another one.  I do have a couple of the commercial grade guns and Dave is right - when you have a lot to do or  really stiff caulk a good gun is worth it.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2016, 12:30:28 PM »
I think mine is up to it, as it's better than the basic models. Right now I'm delaying work by watching the Packers.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2016, 05:10:57 PM »
If Pilgrim is anything like me he probably has a half dozen somewhere in his garage  :-[  Invariably when I need one I've properly stored mine and can't find them X months or years later so I buy yet another one.  I do have a couple of the commercial grade guns and Dave is right - when you have a lot to do or  really stiff caulk a good gun is worth it.

I only have two and believe it or not, I know where both of them are! OTOH there must be dozens of spools of teflon plumbers tape around here  yet I can never find one when needed. And what happened to all my spark plug gappers and car fuses?

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2016, 05:30:38 PM »
I have 40+ years' worth of tools accumulated but I'm the only one who can find most of them in the garage. But I used the caulking gun (it didn't seem harder than normal) and got all the white colored...including a few spots where I had laid my hand on the shingles and left white caulk marks. They're brown now and blend in perfectly..

I use all the garage, including the ceiling. In the third picture below, you can see a black car top carrier mounted in a rack next to the ceiling.  A perfect way to avoid using space where we need to walk and move things.

I recently added ceiling-hung led light fixtures in front and half-way back - I only have the front ones on in this pic. They really do light things up.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2016, 10:24:11 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion of the bronze caulk. It covered the white stuff perfectly!  I also used it to cover some white caulk residue on some shingles where I got careless with my touch...the bronze is a near-perfect color match for the earth tone shingles.

Mission accomplished, and it only took about 30 minutes.