Author Topic: Non Reverse On Feabayg Super Rip Off high on Crack  (Read 3399 times)

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Non Reverse On Feabayg Super Rip Off high on Crack
« on: June 14, 2016, 07:52:11 AM »
I guess people still do Meth:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291789891440?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I made an offer for the pickup ($300) and bridge ($250), and it was declined...I think this guy is HIGH on Crack or Meth...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Non Reverse On Feabayg Super Rip Off high on Crack
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 08:58:24 AM »
Blackbird Vintage is an actual retail store in Orlando. They didn't get 100% feedback on 2636 sales by being crazy. I see they just sold a circa '71 ES-320 husk for $399.

Still, this one's way overpriced. They're dreaming.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 10:09:41 AM »

I guess if you're going to dream, you should dream big..........

That's a lot money for broken neck carcass.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 04:24:25 PM »

Well......the price is way up there because it has the custom 7th fret tape marker on the back of the neck, so you can hit the octave notes in the dark.

That was a $500 Gibson upgrade back in the late 60s, wasn't it?

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 06:19:15 PM »
  I have seen these auctions, sky high prices I bet they tank.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 04:24:51 AM »
Everything they have for sale looks a bit steep and a bit trashed. An old Kahler trem and various undesirable '80s stomp boxes, all $99 or more. An old Dimarzio Super Distortion for more than a new one, but with rusty poles... Nothing he's selling looks like a closet queen exa,ple, except that Univox drum machine. Even then I would want to get a tech to go over that and swap out all the caps that have gone sour in the prevailing 40 years or so.

Parting out an old T-bird, even if it is a bit of a basketcase, seems fairly sleazy. If you believe that you are simply the custodian of a vintage instrument, rather than the owner, then it must wrangle a bit. I would rather see all that stuff end up in the same place rather than spread to the four corners, but maybe it is just me. I suppose that you could use the parts to restore another '60s TB that got in a bad way? Either way this guy's for sale page makes him look like the backstreet pawnbroker version of Eddie Vegas.  :o

FrankieTbird

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 08:04:10 AM »

He's not the only one doing this kind of stuff on eBay, there's quite a few others.  I agree that it's kind of a shame to part out an old piece like that, but if it helps make some other vintage instruments more correct, than I guess that's a positive slant. 

That ES-320 carcass seemed to be a pretty fair deal.  I would have been all over that.

And they did get $125 for the T-bird truss rod cover, so I suppose it's a fairly lucrative business.

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 08:24:30 AM »
It is the Eddie Vegas model right enough! Eddie offers up 'genuine' Pre-CBS masking tape removed from a Strat wiring harness for $125. He dresses it up with the 'you want your investment to be 100%, right?' schtick. We can all laugh, but somebody with no frame of reference will buy that up! These sellers aren't really marketing their stuff for you or me.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 06:02:27 AM »
Someone just paid $500 for the pickup, ring and screws...

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 06:53:59 AM »
The bridge and tailpiece sold too.

What do you think would be a fair price for the body and case?

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 07:14:28 AM »
I have two genuine 1967 Fender factory neck pocket shims. I wonder how much a Strat collector would pay. $500 each?

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 07:34:35 AM »
Truss rod cover. If I had seen it first I would have paid the $125 for it.

FrankieTbird

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 08:24:02 AM »
The bridge and tailpiece sold too.

What do you think would be a fair price for the body and case?

I think they're priced a bit high but not too far off.  I'd say about $1000-1200 for the body, and $400-600 for the case.

planetgaffnet

• View Profile
    • Nancy Johnson
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 03:16:30 AM »
I'm not really in the camp of needing a bass to be 100% original, especially if the thing has a certain vibe. 

Whereas in the US, $1.5K would be seen as being overpriced, this side of the pond things would look a little more chin-rubbing-reasonable, but then you'd need to factor in the dreaded shipping and duty.  Stick a Badbird on it, find some grubbed up machine heads, a pair of those $45 pickups and bingo.  If the headstock falls apart, just get it fixed properly.
The future I come from no longer exists.

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2016, 12:18:46 PM »
The body sold for $1495. When the seller added the best offer option I made an offer and saw there were 2 competing offers I was tempted to hit the buy it now. I have all the parts to complete it but the truss rod cover and thumb-rest. Oh well, it looks like I could sell the pickups for $500 each though.