Author Topic: FAHHHHK GC!  (Read 1930 times)

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: FAHHHHK GC!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 09:09:34 PM »
Seldom have I read an article containing less actual information. There is nothing at all quoted from the contract which the author describes with such venom.

It doesn't sound good, but I'll reserve judgment about whether this is some kind of legal travesty until I get some actual information about the contract terms.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 09:22:14 PM »
I read about this a couple months ago on some actual news website. All the info was the same, just without the juvenile language. Additionally, it appeared that a few employees in Las Vegas were trying to organize and sue to restrain GC; how they have money to do that working for GC is anyone's guess. I can say that EVERY other breathless allegation I've seen that "suddenly" become uncovered over the years (most of them wrongly attributed to Bain Capital management) was well known standard practice when I worked for them 17 years ago. They're crooks, plain and simple and their corporate greed had hurt many of their employees as well as basically ruined the MI industry by taking down many previously solid and solvent manufacturers held hostage to GC's credit/delivery ponzi scheme.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 09:47:39 PM »
Two month old "news" and nothing new at that. You can google guitar center forces employees to sign or something similar and you'll come up with actual news articles instead of an infantile rant like this one. There was even a petition of protest to be presented to Bain Capital despite the fact that Ares Management became majority owner of GC Holdings two years ago.

Demanding that employees agree to submit to arbitration instead of having the right to sue is nothing new in the world of business. It's been going on for years.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 10:51:15 PM »
There's a couple of good instrument shops in Inverness and (for those with MONSTER :mrgreen: lungs) I've found a good bagpipe store... one of the engineers at work tried a Martin acoustic at a shop 40 miles east of here... got the Tele at a chazzer... no GC in the UK afaik...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 07:53:31 AM »
You must be from the northeast shadowcastaz. Here's a quaint display of our region's eloquent employment of coarse language in a redo of a familiar tune. This is also performed in a top notch venue for intimate performances not far from my neck of the woods.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 09:40:47 PM »
AWWWWWsum! Wicked  pissah!

Thanx
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 08:13:44 AM »
DEE-lightful! :toast:
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 07:37:29 PM »
I loved it, great band!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!