Author Topic: 1962 EB-3  (Read 7034 times)

D.M.N.

• View Profile
Re: 1962 EB-3
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2016, 09:51:21 AM »
Yeah, I might look into building a Fuzztone. I am decently set on fuzz for the moment though, with one of the reissue Sam Ash Fuzzz Boxx and a Fuzz Face I gutted and rewired. Still have the Rangemaster I need to get housing for an finish.

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2016, 10:13:37 AM »
Somewhere i still have the Foxxtone clone I hand-built. Amazingly, given my lack of skills, it worked. Sounded freakign great too.
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2016, 09:07:25 PM »
People are quite happy to pay for work they couldn't see themselves performing. I would say that it is a safe assumption that boutique pedal makers have soldering chops and lead dress skills that your average guitarist or bassist doesn't have.... but then I saw inside a Devi Ever pedal.  :mrgreen:

The whole Devi Ever thing makes me chuckle, as she was going to be this one-woman assault on the patriarchal world of effects pedals. That quickly descended into a farce of bitching, drama and ripped-off Kickstarter backers.  :bored: Some boutique pedal makers seem like egotistical arseholes, but at least you never got their sob stories and they never obviously got into social media feuds with famous musicians.

Maybe next time eh?

I love that demo record posted up there.

Never heard of her/him before your post. Wow. Scam artist, crook and total head case.

D.M.N.

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2016, 10:24:47 AM »
Does anyone know what type of screws were used for these black top pickups? From what I can tell from photos of other stock EBs, the pickup screws are not the same as the pickguard and backplate screws, which appear to be larger with a different head profile. Anyone have the # for these or any idea where I can source some?

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2016, 01:40:24 PM »
Does anyone know what type of screws were used for these black top pickups? From what I can tell from photos of other stock EBs, the pickup screws are not the same as the pickguard and backplate screws, which appear to be larger with a different head profile. Anyone have the # for these or any idea where I can source some?

They're round head (flat bottom) phillips, the same head and thread size as trussrod cover screws, only longer.  About 1/2".  If you're careful you could probably get by with the TR cover ones 

These are the originals on my '60 (owned it since '64).  Nickel plated, I polished them a few years ago.

BTW Gibson pick guard, control cavity, and jack plate screws are countersunk #3 nickel plated...but you knew that. ;D

D.M.N.

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2016, 02:34:58 PM »
They're round head (flat bottom) phillips, the same head and thread size as trussrod cover screws, only longer.  About 1/2".  If you're careful you could probably get by with the TR cover ones 

These are the originals on my '60 (owned it since '64).  Nickel plated, I polished them a few years ago.

BTW Gibson pick guard, control cavity, and jack plate screws are countersunk #3 nickel plated...but you knew that. ;D

Fantastic, exactly the info I needed. I may need to fill the drill holes a bit as the previous owner put larger screws in, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Will much prefer to have the proper screws in there. Now I just need to hunt down a proper hand rest, hardcase, and eventually refinish the headstock face.

D.M.N.

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2016, 02:52:18 PM »
I thought I'd seen the answer on this forum before, but does anyone have a good suggestion for paint to use for the bridge pickup surround and the neck pickup cover?