Author Topic: Not done yet: Doug Flutie to get shot as knuckleballer with Diamondbacks  (Read 622 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
http://tracking.si.com/2013/02/06/doug-flutie-diamondbacks-mlb-nfl-knuckleball/?sct=obnetwork

My wife is a big Doug Flutie fan - we have a collector box of Flutie Flakes (and a Flutie Flakes chocolate bar) in a display case at home.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

aluminumcatfish

• View Profile
Re: Not done yet: Doug Flutie to get shot as knuckleballer with Diamondbacks
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 11:05:57 AM »
He's a pretty good drummer too.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 01:32:56 PM »
Not to mention drop-kicker!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 03:56:37 PM »
If I had to throw a few bucks on who I thought could pull it off, it would be Flutie.

I saw that interview with Wade Phiips where he says he screwed up by playing Johnson against the Titans, and he thinks that Flutie would have won the game - coaches never say stuff like that.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 04:46:53 PM »
If I had to throw a few bucks on who I thought could pull it off, it would be Flutie.

Josh Booty has a better shot IMO.  All state in baseball 4 years in a row out of Shreveport, LA.  Played on the LSU baseball teams at short (best program in the country in the 90s) and drafted #5 overall by the Marlins and won a WS ring.