Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

Two doublenecks on eBay

<< < (2/3) > >>

hieronymous:

--- Quote from: nofi on August 21, 2008, 06:42:32 AM ---playing a double neck would be sort of lame unless you could play the guitar neck as well. mho.

--- End quote ---

Which would most likely require a completely different amp setup, which is another excuse not to invest. Good thing they never made a double-neck 4-string/8-string - that could tempt me!

hieronymous:
$6900.00 didn't meet the reserve...

ilan:

--- Quote from: hieronymous on August 22, 2008, 02:23:43 AM ---$6900.00 didn't meet the reserve...

--- End quote ---
The 4080/12 was relisted and is back on the 'Bay... the Fireglo sold for $4,300.

hieronymous:

--- Quote from: ilan on August 22, 2008, 02:59:06 AM ---The 4080/12 was relisted and is back on the 'Bay... the Fireglo sold for $4,300.

--- End quote ---

Sorry Ilan, I had forgotten that there were two up for auction.

I realize too that I actually know very little about these. The big issue is how it's wired - it looks like, from the question & answer in the original auction for the mapleglo, that with the standard wiring you can't send each neck out to a different amplifier? Now that I think about it, my Alembic doubleneck isn't wired that way either - you just switch between the necks - but the Rick is a bass and a guitar which to me would make sense to play through separate outputs/amps...

ilan:
If I had a 4080, I'd have the Ric-o-Sound thingy re-wired like you suggest - send each instrument to a separate amp. It makes perfect sense.

Is 14 1/2 lbs. that bad? A '79 Fender Jazz typically weighs 11lbs.+, and a Les Paul bass feels like 12-13 lbs....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version