Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283200 times)

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #720 on: May 02, 2009, 12:49:11 PM »
Just got back from Toscane, Italy.
A holiday without Internet, television, mobile phone, etc.
A holiday with lots of red wine, white wine, grappa, beer, pasta, pizza, carpaccio, minestrone, etc, etc.
I think I gained some weight...

Great to see that the first BaCHbird has arrived in the USA.
How do you like it Mojo Hobo?

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 02, 2009, 02:32:52 PM »
Actually, I was wondering how long to let it get acclimated to this side of the earth before I open the box.

hollowbody

• Been working in the Kremlin with a two headed dog.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 02, 2009, 02:39:42 PM »
Has anyone else in the US received an invoice?

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #723 on: May 02, 2009, 03:26:19 PM »

Naw...........

I got the BaCHbird blueballs  :sad:
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 02, 2009, 05:31:46 PM »
I had a case of cashus-interruptus but it's all better now. Gonna do the bank transfer tomorrow.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #725 on: May 02, 2009, 06:39:05 PM »
WOW ! They really do exist !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 03, 2009, 06:52:27 AM »
I got the blue BaCHbird.

I guess I got lucky, Gary was on the list before me, but after seeing the first pictures in this thread of the blue and black birds I sent an email to Roman requesting a blue one. The next day the invoice showed up in my inbox.  I went to the bank to wire transfer that day. More than a week later Roman sent an email that it had shipped, and because of the length it had to go EMS. It arrived exactly a week later.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #727 on: May 03, 2009, 07:09:58 AM »
That looks sweet ! Now I have GAS
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 03, 2009, 07:46:43 AM »
I like the fact they made it to this side of the pond. What I dont get is the fact that this Roman  guy has not responded to any of my emails in quite a while.  I have not been a pest by any means. Did this guy get the list turned upside down or what!!!? Blue balls is an understatement! :mrgreen:
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #729 on: May 03, 2009, 07:47:50 AM »
Now, that's weird because I told Roman I'd be happy to get a blue one.  Well, it looks like it's *THIS* close, so I'll wait it out.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 03, 2009, 07:55:14 AM »
Great to see that the first BaCHbird has arrived in the USA.
How do you like it Mojo Hobo?

How do I like it? How can I not like it? My first impression was that it was heavier than I expected. But in reality it is only slightly heavier than my Gibson bird, and not as heavy as my P bass. The neck is quite comfortable, it arrived set up and ready to play. The tone is somewhat unremarkable though, I'm going to try different strings, but I'm not sure which ones yet.

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 03, 2009, 07:57:59 AM »
Now, that's weird because I told Roman I'd be happy to get a blue one.  Well, it looks like it's *THIS* close, so I'll wait it out.

Yea, and you were on the list a little ahead of me.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #732 on: May 03, 2009, 08:34:08 AM »
 That's sure a beautiful bass, I'm likin' that blue alot!  :P

It's difficult not to be frustrated at the pace of this whole thing, but as I haven't sent them any money I can only bitch so much...........
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 10:10:26 AM by TBird1958 »
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 07, 2009, 09:21:36 AM »
Well, the wire has been sent and I am awaiting one white and one blue BachBird.

For some reason my email carriers were bouncing Rob's email to me with the PDF of the pickguard template. If any of you have one and are willing, would you mind shooting me a copy at gcarlston at hotmail dot com? I'd really appreciate it.

My initial plans are to keep them both as single pickup IIs, but with a vintage or vintage style pickup and a rounded tail piece (thanks again, Doc)! I have a couple of Scott's bridges too, but it looks like they got the bridge so close I may not need to go that far.

Are any of you doing anything about the screened (or painted) logo on the headstock? I'm not sure whether I want to go so far as to add a Gibson TRC or not. I don't plan on ever trying to sell one as a Gibson, but I'm thinking I want them to look as close to my originals as possible.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #734 on: May 07, 2009, 11:52:14 AM »
Same here - waiting for (1) white fauxbird.

Headstock logo - I do plan to try and get rid of it, even if I end up re-finishing the whole front of the headstock. I have a Gibson TRC that I plan to put on there, assuming it fits.

E-mail sent.....