Author Topic: NBD '83 Hamer Blitz  (Read 2974 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
NBD '83 Hamer Blitz
« on: June 30, 2014, 04:15:41 PM »
I was looking for a Bday present at the H.O.G Saturday and had pretty much given up hope but then I checked what I affectionately call the "turd" case where they keep the weird and cast off stuff and there she was like a shinning beacon a well worn white pearl Blitz  :o I literally got it for the price of a Squire (Bruce did me a BIG favor). I gigged it Sunday big beefy tone and sustain for days. Hamer knew what they were doing. Btw I knew it would sound great I have a gunmetal blue Blitz with factory Kahler. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=804772422880313&set=vb.100000426875865&type=2&theater
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: NBD '83 Hamer Blitz
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 04:31:00 PM »

Nice score Birthday Boy!  ;D
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 05:24:09 PM »
Great score Scott!! I'm loving my Blitz!!!
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 05:53:01 PM »
Happy B-day, and nice score!  I got to play Andy's Blitz, and that thing definitely delivers.  Nice neck too.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 06:36:17 PM »
Very cool!  You really can't go wrong with an old Hamer.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 01:37:12 AM »
Congrats on all, Scott:  Bass, Birthday and Band!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 02:06:43 PM »
+1 ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 02:15:44 PM »
So I need a case for this behemoth. I have a case for my gunmetal blue/Kahler Blitz but I REALLY like my basses to have their own case (same with straps, every bass has it's own strap........and they are all the same. Sigh............ I'm pathetic) So will this beastie fit in a Epi Explorer case? Thoughts, options?
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 03:48:30 PM »
So I need a case for this behemoth. I have a case for my gunmetal blue/Kahler Blitz but I REALLY like my basses to have their own case (same with straps, every bass has it's own strap........and they are all the same. Sigh............ I'm pathetic) So will this beastie fit in a Epi Explorer case? Thoughts, options?

It will fit in an Epi case- if you can find one.  Discontinued.  Really BIG case,Dean Metalman, is what I shipped my last 2 Ebirds in after Epi cases disappeared.

The Blitz I just got from Baz came in a (used) case, neither Epi, Dean or Hamer.  No name on it but it's light and has a shaped interior.

There are some gig bags on Ebay that will fit it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/30mm-Gig-Bag-Soft-Case-for-Explorer-Bass-EXP-B130-/221105795526?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item337aeeb1c6

Dean also makes a giant gig bag, around $90.  Musician's Friend has them.

That's all I got... ;D

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 04:13:02 PM »
Thanks Carlo, I can't do gig bags. I'll search for a Epi case. Till then I can borrow the other case. I am so in love with this bass !

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 04:23:22 PM »
I REALLY like my basses to have their own case (same with straps, every bass has it's own strap........and they are all the same. Sigh............ I'm pathetic)

I lie to have hard cases for my basses, but I do have one TKL case that will fit three of them that are Fender-bodies.

Straps? Each of my basses has its own, all different. I've gotta get a pic of the strap on that Thunderjet....
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 07:08:34 PM »
Not my favorite, but those coffin cases might work in a pinch too...

Looks like there is still room to accommodate a 34" explorer like the Hamer.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 09:17:47 PM »
I have a Coffin Case for my Bach NR. Couldn't find anything else to fit it at the time. Being a horror movie fan the shape doesn't bother me. They do seem to be on the larger side tho.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 11:46:52 PM »
[evil cackle] On the large side...? an Explorer is big enough anyway, but that's a Monster... [/evil cackle] ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 04:13:49 AM »
You could almost live in the Hamer case it's huge. :o