Author Topic: EB3 Anomalies?  (Read 3206 times)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
Re: EB3 Anomalies?
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 02:21:55 PM »
all being said, i would put it back together with as much gibby parts as i could find such as pups, tuners, bridge (or update with a hipshot supertone) and a martinish truss rod (a stew-mac item) along with any other parts i could get from posters here or e-bay and enjoy as much as possible. that wood already has a long history with you. so why not?
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

GonzoBass

• View Profile
    • ReverbNation.com/GonzoBass
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 02:44:37 PM »
Well although it is most disconcerting to learn, after all this time, that it's not what it appers to be,
 :-\
we do have a long history together
and since most of the parts are here already I'll be going ahead with the rebuild.

I am still looking for the bridge studs, BTW.

Umm, even though it's not a 100% Gibson,
can I still post here?
 ??? :P ;D
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Aloha-
Papa Gonzo
GonzoBass.com

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 03:51:35 PM »
i would try the head repair like this was done for more strength with a headplate and a piece formed and joined on the back, then put in a truss rod. it broke once and will be weaker than original unless you cap it on both sides. tim should have wood he can stain to match pretty good. i imagine he can do the truss rod too! then i would fill those big tuner holes with some hipshot ultra lights and the bridge with a supertone that comes with studs, but that is just me and it is your bass.

http://www.thelutherieshop.com/lespauljr/index.htm

I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 05:30:15 AM »
Rebuild her and we'll make her a honorary Gibson here and hush up everything else, ok? Yes, that even includes your "I'm auditioning for Twisted Sister"-pants.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

GonzoBass

• View Profile
    • ReverbNation.com/GonzoBass
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 10:44:29 AM »
Thanks Uwe.
Deal.
  ;) ;D

I'll continue to post pics as it progresses.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Aloha-
Papa Gonzo
GonzoBass.com