Author Topic: EB-3 wiring  (Read 6928 times)

barend

Re: EB-3 wiring
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 03:23:29 PM »
Today I recorded my EB3 with the bridge pickup soloed, directly on the board, no effects or extra EQ. And the sound it very close to Andy Frasers tone. Playing near the bridge also helps.

What are other famous EB3 players besides Bruce and Fraser? 

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 11:06:48 PM »
Bob Daisley used an EB-3 on Ozzy Osbourne's Blizzard Of Ozz album. Pics from the recording:

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 01:10:53 AM »
I remember -back in the early eighties- that I always started to laugh when I heard that Blizzard Of Ozz album. The production is so bad it just sounds silly. Including the bass sound. Not a good promotion for an EB3 I'd say... ;)

barend

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 01:33:57 AM »
I like the album very much though. Maybe that is why I didn't care for the bad production.
That training outfit of Bob Daisley isn't very rock and roll, isn't it?

I see that his EB3 has no varitone switch (?)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 10:50:53 AM »

I see that his EB3 has no varitone switch (?)

Ozzy ate it practicing for his dove trick!
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

barend

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 04:46:06 PM »
Today I played my EB3 again at a rehearsal and decided I like the tone of the bridge pickup solo the best. before I was playing in the same band and used the bridge pickup together with 50% or so of the mudbucker.
But inspired by listening to Andy Fraser again this week I used only the bridge pickup and found that this way my bass cuts better through the mix and is much clearer and tight. Before I was always annoyed that on recordings of rehearsals the bass sounded too unclear.
I know most of you like the mudbucker but I prefer the sound of the bridge pickup.

On my G3 I have the same and I mostly use position 1 of the pickup switch (the brigde and middle pickup together).
It is a more balanced and even sound. Just a matter of taste I guess. I like clear bass sounds and not a woofy muffled sound.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 04:27:24 AM »
Actually, the bass sound (of course before it was rerecorded at the behest of spouses Osbourne) is the one think I always liked about the production. Unusually middish and barky for a heavy metal recording where basses are regularly relegated to rumbling sublows and audible treble attack with nothing in between to make room for the guitars.

I saw Randy Rhoads in concert with Ozzy in the early eighties. Forgive me, but I thought he was sloppy at the time. I liked Jake E. Lee - a tasteful player - much more.

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...