Author Topic: Dennis Dunaway sig  (Read 5089 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Dunaway sig
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 09:12:48 AM »
What a great band they were. Vince never really understood what he gave up.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 05:29:17 AM »
By that point it had long ceased to be about the music and was about the marketability of his persona. I like some of what came later quite a bit, but there was no "band" to it, just a bunch of hired guns that even included Kip Winger on bass.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 09:03:16 AM »
Alice Cooper lost it when they stopped being the greatest garage band on earth. Welcome to my Nightmare is a nice piece of work, but lacks the organic feel of a true band effort. Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter ticked all the archtypical hired hands boxes, competent guitarists they were. And Davey Johnstone (a great guitarist with Sir Elton) joining the Coop's touring band not much later felt and looked even stranger.

Horrible too that heavy metal phase in the early eighties with that Rambo guitarist. I still shudder from it. Kip Winger wasn't the nadir!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 11:35:21 AM »
Alice Cooper lost it when they stopped being the greatest garage band on earth. Welcome to my Nightmare is a nice piece of work, but lacks the organic feel of a true band effort. Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter ticked all the archtypical hired hands boxes, competent guitarists they were. And Davey Johnstone (a great guitarist with Sir Elton) joining the Coop's touring band not much later felt and looked even stranger.

Horrible too that heavy metal phase in the early eighties with that Rambo guitarist. I still shudder from it. Kip Winger wasn't the nadir!

Agreed on all counts. Nightmare was cool, but also the end. And then there's this... Not too bad, but Alice, PLEASE stop rhyming!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 02:56:06 PM »
I like the bass... I like the bass a lot...

Dick Wagner was very much in evidence on MOL as Glen Buxton was not in great shape by then... they had to use a backing keyboard player and guitarist from the BDB tour onwards...

Gotta agree about post MOL... all became a bit too slick while Alice got his handicap down leaving the heart in the ditch... I still have an article that has the "ACG" discussing the reunion LP being called "ReCooperated"... :-\
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...