Author Topic: Dimarzio Ultra Jazz  (Read 4681 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: Dimarzio Ultra Jazz
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 07:34:19 AM »
Ok ok it's not like I am proud of it or anything :rolleyes: but it did get the desired result. Now back to the pickup. I was very pleased at last weeks gig. First we had a excellent sound man, he took the XLR from the back of my Hiwatt and miked my cab, he knew just what I was after. The sound man placed the bass very high in the mix and pumped the XLR line through the subs and the miked cab in the mids worked perfect. Our drummer asked me if I was louder than usual, the master on my Hiwatt rarely goes past a quarter. I told him no I am right where I always am it's just the sound man pushing the subs god I wish they would do this more often ! Anyhow the Dimarzio really made a difference in my Jazz the D and G strings were much more livley and jumped out they way I like them to. Another gig tonight, I am actually looking forward to using my Jazz bass tonight !
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 09:47:37 AM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 07:39:27 AM »
(sounds of gnashing and wailing from over in Germany...)

Have fun...!
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 07:41:55 AM »
Not to worry there will be two Tbirds in the rack tonight. I only use the Jazz for the Zep stuff...............................why oh why couldn't JPJ  have used a Thunderbird ? We are doing the zep tribute set tonight so I'll have the Jazz strapped on for 1 1/2 hours. :sad:
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2010, 07:50:39 AM »
At that point he pulled the bass out of the monitors. 

I love this Scott. Master of understatement! Sometimes you get to the point where desperate measures are called for.  :mrgreen:

I'm glad you and the Jazz are getting along better with the Dimarzio in there.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2010, 07:54:03 AM »
So am I for other reasons... ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2010, 08:30:10 AM »
you tossed your bass. ???

ouch !!!!

a little extreme.....    hopefully  you hit him.  wouldn't want to strike out with that fender bat...

all kidding aside that kinda sucks...
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2010, 08:44:02 AM »
Hey, the J bass is one of he best balanced instruments made.  Even most T-bird guys can appreciate that!  (I'm making a possible exception for our dedicated T-bird/Subaru fanatic.)
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."