Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

Snowed in.

(1/4) > >>

Blazer:
Well then, a white Christmas we didn't have, but it had been freezing for a couple of weeks now and people in my country were elated because of the possibility of there finally being able to ride the famous "Eleven cities" skate marathon again in over 15 years.

But when I got to bed yesterday night I saw them: snowflakes. I looked out of the window and went "Wow, I'd almost forgotten how beautiful this looks"

But when I woke up this morning I was surprised at how dark it still was, when I took a look through my roof windows I was shown the answer to why. Almost a foot of snow. And it's still coming down as we speak. Coupled to the fact that the weather forecast predicted artic temperatures, which means that this snow won't be going anywhere for the next couple of days meant that I have to take action.

I have cancelled going to work, since the roads will be dangerously slipperry. I have to get supplies at the nearby shop on foot and prepair myself for being snowed in for a couple of days. 

It DOES make for beautiful scenery though.

Chris P.:
Wow, here in the north western part of Holland it's just cold and sunny:)

Blazer:

--- Quote from: Chris P on January 05, 2009, 06:53:01 AM ---Wow, here in the north western part of Holland it's just cold and sunny:)

--- End quote ---
Tja, hier in Limburg dus niet.

The view outside my window, as you can tell, it DOES look beautiful.

Barklessdog:
Spokane, WA has had 70 inches of snow so far.

TBird1958:

--- Quote from: Barklessdog on January 05, 2009, 08:42:54 AM ---Spokane, WA has had 70 inches of snow so far.

--- End quote ---

Yup! Trust me, I very glad to be on the west side of the state! I was born about 80mi north of Spokane and still remember the winters from my very early childhood. Yet this year Seattle had a White Christmas for the first time in many years - it was beautiful, it was also a huge PITA for the entire region, 'cause for the most part we're idiots that don't know how to drive in the snowand ice.  It was my first chance to drive my AWD Subaru in the snow, it performed fantastic, very well balanced front to back and in low gear there's very few places it won't take you.........I Love my car! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version