Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

I'm a gonna stay BEAD on the TB!

(1/3) > >>

PWV:
So I had my Thunderbird set up with TI Jazz Rounds (real thin gauge) for B-E-A-D tuning and it is amazing!

I don't think I could pull it off at a jazz or country gig, but the church gig and its new Christian rock stuff its great!  Using a pick too, and I"m having a blast.  Most of the church stuff is just like being in a U2 Tribute band anyway, so this tuning seems to work on the fly.

At this point, the TBird seems like it was always made for the B string.  I'm not having floppy issues, guage is thin enough so it sits in the nut.  Maybe I'm at the end of the GAS road finally!

;)

TBird1958:

Dave.......

Which 'Bird?   Pics?  ;)

PWV:
Its like the one in my Avatar that I sold Mark.  Buyer's remorse led me to purchase an identical-looking one, but the original was a blem with offset pickups.  (Remember you warned me not to get rid of it).  This one is better all-around....but no pics yet!  I'll get around to it. 

*Still waiting for the Fenderbird from Mike.  Looks like next month.*   

PWV:
*Off-topic Mark - but you're almost at 666 posts.  Let us know which thread gets the Evil post! *

drbassman:
Cool idea! I assume the strings aren't causing any problems with the neck.  I've thought about trying that too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version