Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

Mudbucker + two mini humbucker kinda T-bird copy

<< < (2/4) > >>

sniper:
the bridges do not impress me but i kind of like the headstock on that body and maybe even like the shape of the triangular body relief.

i wonder what it sounds like?

kind of an T-Bird Exporer Newport deal.

TBird1958:

I remember looking at those two awhile back and kinda liking them - Silly me tho, I didn't even look at the bridge. They're from the U.K. I think, for once we could pick on fine English design instead of Gibson  ;)

Chris P.:
Well, the guy behind those basses is Trevor Wilkinson who also is the guy behind Blade, the great Italia basses (with really good two point bridges!) and the cheaper Vintage basses. He does a lot of things right, so maybe he got this working in one way or another.

Normally wrap-around bridges have adjustment screws and I think this bridge has 'm too.

godofthunder:
 Thats a cool bass ! The wrap around bridge? Well we can fix that.

Chris P.:
I thought: Let's ask the guy!

In my experience with the intonation of basses, I have never seen a bass that did not intonate in a straight line from Low E to the G string unless there was some horrendous mismatch of string gauges, however they will run at an angle between 4 and 8 degrees. The Esprit 4 and Europa bridges will intonate all four strings together at any angle between minus and plus 20 degrees by simply adjusting the two screws that run through the string bar. The bar is supplied with a smooth surface so that any player can choose his preferred string spacing and once decided upon the bar can be grooved very slightly to hold the string in its chosen place. The radius is fixed to match the fingerboard but action, height etc..but the whole bridge can be adjusted to accomodate any action that you desire. The original style bridge from the fifities did not have this type of adjustment but the sound quality due to the simple nature of the design was superb. this new bridge retains all of the original EBO tone but with the possibility to intonate. I hope this addresses you concerns.

Very best regards

Trev Wilkinson

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version