Author Topic: Could we possibly...  (Read 1170 times)

planetgaffnet

• View Profile
    • Nancy Johnson
Could we possibly...
« on: November 25, 2013, 02:22:41 PM »
...have a thread for current basses that aren't showing on the Gibson website?  Just a go to thread for stuff for whatever reason it is that Gibson don't want to promote/feature on their site.

I honestly fail to see how a company can produce new models, new finishes etc and not give a damn about even putting these up on their website (although I do know we're dealing with Gibson here).  Take the walnut Thunderbird, the Midtown Signature, the ES-335 (Memphis) - I'm sure there's been dozens. 

Cheers
P
The future I come from no longer exists.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Could we possibly...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 06:24:16 AM »
...have a thread for current basses that aren't showing on the Gibson website?  Just a go to thread for stuff for whatever reason it is that Gibson don't want to promote/feature on their site.

I honestly fail to see how a company can produce new models, new finishes etc and not give a damn about even putting these up on their website (although I do know we're dealing with Gibson here).  Take the walnut Thunderbird, the Midtown Signature, the ES-335 (Memphis) - I'm sure there's been dozens. 

Cheers
P

If you have half an hour to spare and know exactly what you are looking for plus lots of patience, then you can find the ES-335 Bass on the Gibson web site via some Memphis product list they offer for dealers and the press. Really intuitive ...  :rolleyes:

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 07:50:09 AM »
If everyone knows about all the basses available then they won't seem as exclusive. For instance, the custom shop makes basses only for members of the ultra elite and those in the illuminati. Is it a coincidence that Allen Woody was pictured with these double necks and then wound up dead a short time after? I think not  ;)

Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 09:05:27 AM »
Don't get me started on the Gibson Custom Shop - they should all go to the Ostfront.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 12:43:36 PM »
Don't get me started on the Gibson Custom Shop - they should all go to the Ostfront.

Because they won't build the doubleneck SG bass you want? Or have you had some other bad experience with them.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 12:48:44 PM »
That is one bad experience to send them all to Russia forever. Mother of all bad experiences.