Author Topic: Waterstone V8 Thunderbird  (Read 11451 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: Waterstone V8 Thunderbird
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2013, 07:27:23 AM »
 Here is the finished product, not much different than the pic above but the bridge pickup is straightened out and the saddles are filed for string spacing.  In retrospect I should have had Carlo build me a 8 string NR!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 08:39:38 AM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2013, 02:14:47 PM »
How's she play now, Scott...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2013, 02:21:10 PM »
Kenny she sounds great! Doesn't play to bad, most players would be happy with the action I think another 1/4 turn on the truss rod and I'm there. I have had the thing apart and put it back together so many time in the past month I just don't feel like pulling the neck right now! I will say this if you didn't know the basses history I think people would be impressed.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2013, 02:24:02 PM »
So the pain was worth the gain after all... sweet...!
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2013, 07:41:50 AM »
Looks like you used the entire tin of turd polish on this one Scott! It looks "right" now. I might go with some black chrome cap Gibby knobs versus the gold speed knobs, but that's just me.  ;D

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2013, 09:33:59 AM »
  I used every bit of that turd polish! I shimmed the neck today got the action nice and low :) Tom I think your right I'll get some black and silver gibby knobs.
Looks like you used the entire tin of turd polish on this one Scott! It looks "right" now. I might go with some black chrome cap Gibby knobs versus the gold speed knobs, but that's just me.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:09:23 AM by godofthunder »