Author Topic: Waterstone V8 Thunderbird  (Read 11450 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: Waterstone V8 Thunderbird
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 05:48:08 PM »
 Model G installed. Next new string trees, pots. Hey Carlo how much for that bridge?
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 05:53:55 PM »
$60, shipping included

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 06:22:56 PM »
I'll tale it. In for a penny in for a pound.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 03:34:29 AM »
I'll get it out today or tomorrow, Scott.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 09:36:45 AM »
  Wow! Hey Carlo thanks for the bridge! I'll get you paid today.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2013, 09:59:56 AM »
Cool, it's a really nice hunk of metal,eh?

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2013, 02:48:26 PM »
 Ok so here we go! I had the day off today (sort of) got a little shop time in. From the beginning this bass as been major dissapointment and  pain in the A#@. Any how I routed for the new pickups and got them installed new Schaller bridge (thanks Carlo!) CTS pots, new string tree. Also one of my pgs. I still need to replace the tuners. I hope to have it wired up in the next week or so.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2013, 02:51:18 PM »
 Honestly the best thing about this bass is the case it came in.....................it fits a NR Thunderbird.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 05:25:42 PM by godofthunder »

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2013, 02:58:22 PM »

Scott, you've definately cured me of the GAS I was having for one of these - Thank you  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2013, 04:31:28 PM »
 To be honest I think I am throwing good money after bad. A Korean made  Hammer Chaparral 12ver came into the HOG today on trade in. Light years better than this bass. I could have bought it for a song.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2013, 05:26:54 PM »

Scott, you've definately cured me of the GAS I was having for one of these - Thank you  ;)
  Shiver........................ my pleasure. Geeze what a POS talk about polishing a turd.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2013, 07:50:37 PM »
A Korean made  Hammer Chaparral 12ver came into the HOG today on trade in. Light years better than this bass.

I've always wondered if you could cut the body off top/bottom (like a reverse bird) and glue up wings in the flavor of your choice; reverse or non reverse. A 12er bird would look great with that headstock!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2013, 10:52:36 PM »
I've always wondered if you could cut the body off top/bottom (like a reverse bird) and glue up wings in the flavor of your choice; reverse or non reverse. A 12er bird would look great with that headstock!

Didn't Baz do this already?

Mike Lull Lull did this one for Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he (Jeff) got the idea here at LBO.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 12:13:07 AM »
... talk about polishing a turd.

It all depends on the quality of the fin and the presentation of the aforementioned object ...  ;)

I've always wondered if you could cut the body off top/bottom (like a reverse bird) and glue up wings in the flavor of your choice; reverse or non reverse.

The centre of the body is the issue with this idea - that would require a bit of thinking...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 08:16:16 AM »
Polishing a turd - LOL! What's the bridge pickup Scott? Looks like the DiMarzio D Activator X pups I have on my Hamer 12. Nice bridge! Octave/fundamental strings look kind of widely spaced though.