Author Topic: Trade my all original sunburst 1965 T Bird for a 1964 Sunburst Jazz bass  (Read 10372 times)

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
I got to fondle a '64 T-bird IV a little bit Friday night. A Who tribute band opened for us, and the bass player opened the back of his van, tossed aside the Epi explorer that was back there (no case or anything), and opened up a case with a gorgeous '64 inside. I didn't get to plug it in or anything, but I played it a little bit in the parking lot. Light weight, unbroken, and beautiful! He did a great job on stage too. A little less aggressive than JAE in his attack, but all the parts were there. Funny thing was - as we talked, I realized I had met this guy about 5 years ago when he was in a Stones cover band. I had my white Bachbird at the time, and he was all over me about that bass. Apparently he owns like a half dozen Bachs now. LOL! I brought my "big gun" to the gig - '74 SVT, 2x10/1x15 cab, and 8x10 cab - and this guy rolls in with (2) Sunn 2x15, (2) Sunn 1x18, and (2) Colosseum heads.  :mrgreen:

bobyoung

• View Profile
Don't do it, life situations change, band situations change but 64 T-Birds don't come down the pike every day. Friend of mine has a 65 Jazz, was under the bed for all it's life except for two years, I don't like it you don't have to fight with it to get a good sound like you do with most other basses. ;D

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Actually...I want a Sunburst 1965 Jazz bass with Lollipop Tuners.....May sell the Hamer T bird 8 string to buy one...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Actually...I want a Sunburst 1965 Jazz bass with Lollipop Tuners.....May sell the Hamer T bird 8 string to buy one...

Don't you dare!

;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Yeah but rather than sell any of the birds...sell the Hamer FB VIII 8 string ....Any sentimentality I ever had for it being TP's is gone since he is not a nice guy to me anymore. So...I may as well sell it for something that would be cool.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
 Now that Baz sound like a plan!
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Yeah but rather than sell any of the birds...sell the Hamer FB VIII 8 string ....Any sentimentality I ever had for it being TP's is gone since he is not a nice guy to me anymore. So...I may as well sell it for something that would be cool.

Please don't!
I rememer you telling me how much that bass meant to you - Don't let it go a second time based on some one else, you'll regret it. 

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Mark might be right....................................
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Yeah  I know...But when someone Burns me Like TP did..It's easy to dump one of his basses. No Longer is he my Bass Hero. Never will be EVER again. Besides...If I can sell it...buy the Jazz bass I want...maybe have a little extra cabbage...I can always have one of those aluminum basses made...Or NOT..Or maybe I will never play multistring basses Ever again because of HIM!

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Yeah  I know...But when someone Burns me Like TP did..It's easy to dump one of his basses. No Longer is he my Bass Hero. Never will be EVER again. Besides...If I can sell it...buy the Jazz bass I want...maybe have a little extra cabbage...I can always have one of those aluminum basses made...Or NOT..Or maybe I will never play multistring basses Ever again because of HIM!

I firmly belive you'd regret it Baz, you're your own person, that's a unique bass, far more so than the jazz.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Funny. Just about 15 minutes ago, My wife says "Why don't you sell a couple of basses and we can pay off the credit cards?" Then that escalated into...well...you know.....HOW many times have you guys heard that one?

daan

• View Profile
(I feel kinda silly giving you guys advice here, but here goes...)
Hah. If I had a quarter for every time I hear, "Why do you need more than one guitar? You should sell the other ones so we can XXXXX (go on vacation, get Iphones, pay off a bill, etc) I could have bought a "name brand" bass instead of what I have.
Selling my $99 a piece gear wouldn't hurt as much as a beautiful, rare vintage piece that you may never see another one again if you change your mind later. I can always find Hondos and Ibanezes for spare change, but something they only ever made a couple hundred of, out of wood they can't get any more of, especially in really nice shape is just about ir-replaceable. I know, send it to me to "hold on to" for a while, to see if you can be without it! Hee hee.
If it was good enough for Danny Bonaduce, it ought to be good enough for fake bass players everywhere!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
In the end, it's all just stuff.  I've had some really nice basses, and most of what I bought as "second-rate" basses back in the '70s fetch nice prices now.  I had a few Epiphone Newports, a Guild M-85, a '66 T-Bird NR II - all of which only cost me about $200 each. 
You guys will probably cringe when I tell you that I sold a '64 Precision for $400 because I wanted to fix up my basement and put up shelving.

I miss some of the basses I've sold, but when they are just sitting in the case in a closet, it seems like a waste to me.  Basses should be played and heard.  That was part of why I sold my Embassy to Mark F.  He took it out and played, and got to appreciate what a nice bass it was.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Baz, Man and I thought I could hold a grudge. Not one of my better traits to be brutally honest. My wife (bless her)  tells me to try and let things go.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Re: Trade my all original sunburst 1965 T Bird for a 1964 Sunburst Jazz bass
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2013, 05:45:20 AM »
You are ABSOLUTELY right, Scott. But I'm not mad...I just don't Look Up to TP any more......He let me down. I admit, using a photo of Him playing the Futura 8 string was a lame idea...but  being unemployed and having a Mortgage, I panicked....panicked because I thought we were going to lose our home....I should have asked him first. I made a mistake. I have tried countless times to call, email, snail mail...even brought my son to see Trick in Rockford last year....He came up to meet him but smited me.....I mean does he want a public apology?? I'm sorry, Tom, I f'ed up.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 05:57:23 AM by Baz Cooper »