Author Topic: Trade my all original sunburst 1965 T Bird for a 1964 Sunburst Jazz bass  (Read 10346 times)

Rob

• View Profile
Someone, somewhere is herniating themselves in an effort to get rid of a '64 Jazz bass for a '64 T bird...

LMAO!  Yes they are. . . for all of the same reasons  ;D

I'm a Fender player who loves the look and sound (when I had to front a band) of Gibbies but I can't stand the way the necks feel to me.
I still have my first bass bought used in 1965 a C neck Precision.  I guess learning on a neck that size just makes everything else seem odd.

I will say that not all of the old Fenders I have played sound great, they seem more consistent than most other brands.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
They want $17,00 for a REFIN!!!~ A Freakin' REFIN!!! NO WAY.. I'm out...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
This is way too entertaining to be stuck down in the For Sale section.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
I have a beat-to-hell but still great sounding '75, pre-post CBS, that I would let go for $10k.  ;D
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
"Pre-Post""" HUH???? Yeah, Okay Fine. I'll Pay you today via Messenger. In fact I'll Give you $20,000 just because I'm THAT kind of am awesome guy. Plus But first... I have some swamp land in Florida that I need to sell.....

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
Pre-Post CBS = CBS. :)
Hey, for $20k you get to keep your '64 T bird! Not interested in Florida swampland at this time because it's filled with pythons.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
You should lock it and save Baz from himself.
This is way too entertaining to be stuck down in the For Sale section.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
 I had a RW Jazz for a bit  VERY nice bass for the money! I like my '62 AVRI quite a bit, It's no Thunderbird but it has it's merits.
...and though it may sound like heresy, the "Roadworn" series of MIM Fenders REALLY does cop the total vibe of 60's Jazz Basses for a fraction of the cost. Dare to reinvent yourself without buying into "only old is good" marketing, especially if money's tight. I'll put my MIM '62 reissue up against the real thing ANY day. It was heavily customized before I bought it, and by not spending an arm and a leg, you can buy a nice complete instrument, really make it your own, and not lose an extremely rare an valuable Gibson to a whim that you WILL regret later.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com

7enders........

Worse than mens clothing on me, just look so wrong  :-[

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
LMAO That's what everyone says when I strap on something other than a Bird! Sadly NRs are priced out of my reach these days a 70's 7ender I can manage. I was looking at a EB3 on ebay..............seller thinks it's a '67 it's more like a '65 and only wants $2,500 for it and I'm thinking I should buy this it's a good deal! Back in the early 90's I bought a '67 for $125.00 wish I still had it. Or that '65 I paid $850 for in 2005 Oh Yeah!

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
I did own a Custom shop Relic '64 Jazz bass for less than a month a few years back. Did a show with Diamond Rexx....It did sound INCREDIBLE!!! and played great...but it wasn't old......it was fake old.....So i took it back and got my thunderbird back....only because i onbly had one t bird at the time...But...EVERYONE of my friends is telling me to KEEP the bird....so...Like I said. I'm out...UNLESS...it was a slab board...then it would be worth it...even though they made so many Fenders...they did make LESS of the Jazz basses....Fenders ARE the industry standard....and versatile....But then again... I can play ANYTHING on a bird......
But just look at a Reverse Thunderbird............

nofi

• View Profile
whoa! a quart of ritalin right here. stat!
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
No...I just don't play in a band anymore so I'm whacking out by trading gear!!!!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
 :popcorn:
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
No...I just don't play in a band anymore so I'm whacking out by trading gear!!!!

Just lock up the T Birds..........Some things in life are for keeps  :)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...