Author Topic: Zebra spotted  (Read 1647 times)

Darrol

• View Profile
Zebra spotted
« on: June 07, 2008, 12:35:38 AM »
Just thought I would share that the bass player with Ed Harcourt was playing a Zebrawood Tbird on The Tonight Show.

That is all.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Zebra spotted
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 01:20:51 AM »
Nice:)

It's always nice to spot nice basses on tv or live. I was sitting on my knees some months ago, with my eyes one inch from the screen to see what kind of bass a guy played on national television. He was behind some other musicians, so that wasn't easy. I recognized as an Eastwood Ampeg-Scroll copy.

Some weeks afterward I was sitting in a train and we had some delay. A guy next to me started talking and he was a bass player too. He told me he was on television and that he played an Eastwood Ampeg copy 'which I couldn't know, cos it was to unknown.' He was that bass player! To his surprise I told him about sitting on my knees to see that bass:) What a coincidence! 

It's always nice watching festivals on the telly and spot Duesnbergs, Gibsons and other non-F*****s.

I saw a new Weller bass player gigging with a 4004 on tv.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 01:22:00 AM »
P.S. At first I hated the looks of the Zebrabird (in Holland we have a bird called a Zebravinkje; have to look up the English name!), but I kinda like it now. maybe also because i got a bit into these Buzzards lately. They're often zebra and of course you get used to it.

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 09:00:58 AM »
zebravinkje + (red cheek finch)
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 11:38:11 AM »
Zebravinkje= zebra finches. Their call is a sort of "beep" as if they had active electronics hidden inside... and (tying this all together  ;) ) isn't the zebrawood T-bird active?

angrymatt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 02:08:21 PM »
Zebravinkje= zebra finches. Their call is a sort of "beep" as if they had active electronics hidden inside... and (tying this all together  ;) ) isn't the zebrawood T-bird active?

Nope, that's just... a mistake?  Marketing?  I dunno.  It's totally passive.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 09:39:47 PM »
I wondered about that, since the bass was described as active but there was no actual mention of an active circuit, just the TB Plus pickups. Maybe Gibson's current marketing people don't understand what "active" means.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 01:02:07 AM »
I think the active circuit myth is just an initial misrepresentation on the very first ebay auction of one of those which got copied over and over. The electronics are totally standard off-the-rack TB. In fact the Zebrabird would have lent itself to a battery as the body wood - in comparison to mahogany at least - does swallow the presence frequencies a bit, some active zzzing would have countered that.

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 04:28:06 AM »
Zebra Finch is a good name for the Zebrabird!