Author Topic: Played a Steve Harris signature P-bass the other day  (Read 1730 times)

Blazer

Played a Steve Harris signature P-bass the other day
« on: March 08, 2009, 09:03:22 PM »
Being a Maiden fan I owed it to myself to try out the Harris when I saw it in a shop.

It came with flatwound strings (because that's what 'Arry' uses himself) and the blue metallic was a wonderful deep hue, simply a stunning bass.

However, the overall feel was a bit plastic-y I don't mind gloss finished necks but this one felt a little sticky, and the same applied to the body, it felt a little too "New"

But what it DOES do best is doing that Steve Harris gallop, man the Seymour Duncan quarter pounder pickup simply destroyed me.

So would I buy it?

Yes, I'm a maiden fan and I'm a fan of P-basses I would love to use one of these as my studio bass, it sounds wonderful, a GREAT sounding P-bass but I would also buff the neck out so it doesn't feel so sticky.

My financial situation however kept me from buying it right away.

ilan

• View Profile
Re: Played a Steve Harris signature P-bass the other day
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 01:01:40 AM »
Did you play the previous Steve Harris model? The one in LPB (less sparkle) and maroon mirror guard? How do they compare? I tried an early Harris model (used) and wasn't very impressed. It did have rounds on it, though.
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Played a Steve Harris signature P-bass the other day
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 08:12:51 PM »
Layaway can be your friend.  And no interest charges.

Big help, ain't I??  :mrgreen:
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."