Gear Discussion Forums > Bass Amps & Effects

Family pic

(1/3) > >>

morrow:

With the recent addition I figured it was a good excuse for a group shot. So here goes …
 The GenzBenz Streamliner is 900 watts and has a three tube preamp so it can get warm sounding , it was serviced by Andy Field and is like a brand new amp . The Bergantino Forte is my main gig amp these days , it’s a simple transparent head with some serious slam , 700 watts at 4 ohms. The SWR a is fairly recent find , 400 watts , but there’s a lot of stuff packed in that little package , another hybrid with a tube preamp. The Darkglass Exponent can be programmed via a tablet , and is an amazing little thing. 500 watts at 4 ohms. The GK MB200 was a longtime favourite as a practice amp , completely love it. When it went down I got it fixed.
 And the Hotone Thunderbass is one dandy little headphone amp.
I usually have two practice rigs on the go and keep my gigging gear totally separate , so it’s just a matter of grab and go. I don’t have to wonder about forgetting anything.
Not pictured is my little GK MB150 combo. Initially bought for my upright it quickly became a favourite little amp , still used mostly as a moderate volume rehearsal amp. Quick to grab and head out the door.
Now I know there’s a lot of old school tube heads , and I totally get and respect that , but for me Class D works very well , and I love the small , lightweight package. They give me a nice warm deep old school thump.
 I like ‘em !

morrow:
Double post

gearHed289:
Nice stack! And the total weight is probably less than my '74 SVT.  ;D

morrow:
Less than a V4B.

gearHed289:

--- Quote from: morrow on September 29, 2022, 11:41:04 AM ---Less than a V4B.

--- End quote ---

:mrgreen:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version