Author Topic: Saying Hello  (Read 1925 times)

poomwah

• View Profile
Saying Hello
« on: July 29, 2008, 09:04:34 AM »
Hi everyone,
  Just joined the forum and didn't want to be one of those pesky lurkers so I figured I'd introduce myself. 
I am 39 years old, live in a musically deprived town called Bryan in the nw corner of ohio.  Desperately searching for a band, but not much in the way of prospects around here.  My biggest and earliest influence was Gene Simmons, and I'm still a die hard Kiss fan to this day.  Gene is the reason I have my gibson, a 77 ripper, it's seen better days, LOL.  My second biggest influence is Allen Woody.
  I started on an old ibanez exb, which went to my wife this past valentines day when she expressed a desire to learn.  Since then she has also picked up an Epiphone Eb-0.  For valentines day I also gave her my bass rig, an ancient carvin pro bass 300 and a more recent carvin 410.  I replaced it with a carvin bx1200 and a carvin 810.  Funny how I used the 810 once and borrow her 410 all the time or use my old carvin 210. 
  The arsenal has undergone a lot of changes this year.  In january, I got rid of my ibanez prestige sr1000.  Picked up an epi thunderbird and financed part of my rig.  A decision I can't imagine I'll ever regret.  For valentines day, my wife  bought me an 81 peavery t-40.  This month was the big one...I had some back issues that keep me from playing the t-40 (the tree trunk that it is), so my wife, out of the blue, buys me a peavey millenium bxp, meanwhile I picked up a pawn shop princess, a super cheap epi-ebo that went under the knife, and the router, and the sander, etc etc etc.  AND, last week I got an orange metallic yammy bb414 off of ebay :]   Ok, enough of my babbling.  Hi everybody :]

poomwah

• View Profile
Re: Saying Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 09:19:29 AM »
thought I should include a current "family pic"

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 10:13:12 AM »

Hey Matt,

Thanks for joining in our fun here! Nice family you have there too, love the color on that Epi EBO, very cool. 
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 10:19:02 AM »
Welcome! Nice collection!

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 10:24:26 AM »
Welcome! 

I like that Yammie!  A old school mate of mine had one of the early BBs in a similar color as yours - that was a great player.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 10:54:51 AM »
Nice basses love the T 40 & green EB

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 11:25:23 AM »
Lots of Gene Simmons (IMHO the best instrumentalist of the original line up) and Allen Woody fans here.

So your wife and you trade gear back and forth on Valentine's Day? Very sensible that is!  ;) As they say: True love is a well-lubed truss rod.

Like the T-40 (have one too, good basses go by the weight!) and love the green pawnshop princess.

Willkommen to the site devoted to gear, the eradication of unscientific myth, why Germany lost ze war and, yes, alternative life style subject penetrations.

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 05:19:20 PM »
Welcome aboard!! Nice collection you have there!
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 06:17:54 PM »
welcome aboard.your town has my name!! nice collection there.i have a T-40 myself,its worth the weight.now you need something red.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

poomwah

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 06:36:59 PM »
thanks for the welcome everyone :]
 I actually had a red one, I painted in green, LOL... now I need a purple one :]

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 01:15:35 AM »
Green and purple? That is gonna trigger some interest here from someone we all know - the usual nasty inhabitants ...
But you said you were already married, Poomwah, right?

poomwah

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 05:56:30 AM »
yes, already married..... why???

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 08:09:45 AM »
You really wouldn't want to know!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's a convoluted subject having to do with WW II German generals, high heels, black patent leather, handcuffs, an addiction to garishly colored TBirds with chrome, Dutch men who don't keep promises and one of Seattle's finest all girl bands.

Your time will no doubt come!

Uwe
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:51:43 AM by uwe »

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 09:20:40 AM »
 ;D

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 07:15:04 PM »
Wlecome aboard Mr. Wah!  Nice harem you have there ;D

Um, you are in for quite a ride :mrgreen:  ;D :o