Author Topic: Fenderbird build, reverse or non-reverse?  (Read 19814 times)

Blazer

Re: Fenderbird build, reverse or non-reverse?
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2008, 01:05:22 PM »
BTW: I always love one pick up birds. Can't wait to see the finished blazerbird.

I used to have a very bad steering Seat car (that's a Spanish Volkswagen..) once..

Oh, I am so happy with my Opel Astra, such a big improvement over the Seat Ibiza I had before.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2008, 01:37:31 PM »
I had an Ibiza too:(

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2008, 01:41:06 PM »
I just saw an Opal GT at a car show. That was such a cool little car, a pint size Corvette kind of.

My brother owned an Opel Manta once. That was also cool, but it was a rust bucket.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2008, 11:51:50 PM »
Opel GT are really like little Corvettes. The Coca-Cola bottle shape, four red taillights, ...

I love the way the headlamps pop up! They rotate on an axl.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2008, 11:14:43 AM »
When I was 16, the Opel GT was my dream car after a Mustang.  Of course, I ended up with a Maverick, but what the hell!  At least it was a 3 speed and that in-line 6 cylinder engine was built like a tank!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Blazer

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2008, 07:34:47 PM »
Little update, since I loved the look of this NR Fenderbird so much I decided to ditch the baby blue and have it finished in classy black.

Why f*** with something that looks good?

Anyway instead of a normal Thunderbird logo I was gonna do my own logo of a crosseyed skull under the pickguard. You read it right: UNDER the pickguard because I'll be making the pickguard from clear perspex which I'll airbrush the logo on the backside before spraying it white. That way I'll be able to put a custom logo on without the chance of it wearing away.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2008, 10:35:10 PM »
Man! how good does that look?
Digresion our specialty!

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2008, 12:00:15 PM »
Little update, since I loved the look of this NR Fenderbird so much I decided to ditch the baby blue and have it finished in classy black.

That black looks great! Baby blue's not so great anyway. Just ask Barlessdog.  ;)

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2008, 03:23:04 PM »
In my own little mind, I think NRs looks great in vintage white, red and black.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2008, 06:52:49 PM »
i think that baby blue one looks great.i know that bass has changed hands because it had something wrong.what was the problem?.i saw a live pic somewhere around here i just cant remember where.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2008, 07:28:26 PM »
i think that baby blue one looks great.i know that bass has changed hands because it had something wrong.what was the problem?.i saw a live pic somewhere around here i just cant remember where.

http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?topic=838.0

Rikkimax

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2008, 07:44:14 PM »
Blazer,
That is going to be an excellent bass!  Please tell me:  How did you get so many photos into your post?  I have been limited regarding the number of photos and file size of what I have been able to insert.  Thanks, Rikkimax
I got blistahs on ma fingahs !!!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2008, 09:43:45 PM »
Blazer,
That is going to be an excellent bass!  Please tell me:  How did you get so many photos into your post?  I have been limited regarding the number of photos and file size of what I have been able to insert.  Thanks, Rikkimax

You're uploading directly from your computer to our server. We have to limit the size and number of direct uploads because we have a finite amount of storage space.

Blazer and most other members here host their photos externally on Photobucket. Sign up for a free (or premium) account there, upload your pics from your computer to your Photobucket account, then just copy the IMG code below each photo and paste it into your post here.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2008, 04:33:04 AM »
Yeah, use Photobucket, Flickr, Webshots and all those kind of free sites. You can almost upload unlimited pics there... One point: If you delete a pic there, it dissapears here too....

If you want to post a pic from the web: Just post it's url between these: [ IMG ] and  [ /IMG ]

So put the URL between the two and de;lete the spaces between bracket and IMG. I had to do the extra spaces, otherwise it didn;t work....

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2008, 05:10:09 AM »

Nothing wrong with the color at all, It's just I asked for Lake Placid/ Pelham Blue and got that instead!!!!

A rude surprise along with many other things wrong.