Author Topic: Duchess of Funk  (Read 2518 times)

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
Re: Duchess of Funk
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 12:20:13 PM »
I'm torn - of course we need the freedom to express our opinions. But I also feel Terry's pain - there are certain genres/styles that are unpopular here. That's fine too, but sometimes I wish we could be more positive. Maybe if you don't like a style, then just ignore the thread? If people don't feel comfortable posting because it's almost guaranteed to have negative comments, then their freedom is impinged upon.

But then again, that's what makes democracy and freedom great - the fact that we can all here together, despite our differences. I can't criticize anybody - I didn't even click on the links to listen! It's a great bunch of people here, so it bums me out to see people not getting along, but that's part of being family too I guess.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 01:19:07 PM »
You understand the reference to Dick Dale had nothing to do with his music, right? ;)

Sure, but I assume it's not some folks' cup of tea, anywho.   :mrgreen:
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

rockinrayduke

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 01:46:57 PM »
there are certain genres/styles that are unpopular here.

This isn't about unpopular genres. Just try not to overreact when someone disagrees with you, that's all.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 04:10:53 PM »
This isn't about unpopular genres. Just try not to overreact when someone disagrees with you, that's all.

BINGO!

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 04:18:24 PM »

The disagree-ers shouldn't overeact either. "A dead zone of slap" is fokken BRUTAL!

Hey DaveDub~ How 'bout if you delete this thread & I'll start a new one called Fun Funk for those who like Funk & someone else can start one called Get The Funk Out or something. hahahaaa

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 04:27:52 PM »
The disagree-ers shouldn't overeact either. "A dead zone of slap" is fokken BRUTAL!

Hey DaveDub~ How 'bout if you delete this thread & I'll start a new one called Fun Funk for those who like Funk & someone else can start one called Get The Funk Out or something. hahahaaa

You don't seem to understand.

You asked us to check it out. Expressing an opinion about it isn't an overreaction, underreaction or anything of the sort. It's just an opinion.

We're not going to have threads where only people who like something are allowed to reply.

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2009, 05:15:09 PM »
 I understand. I'll invite people here with a warning that brutal condescending old guys may Terr you up!
Hey~ I can do that too! Terr is my middle name. No wait...it's my FIRST name!
I dropped the y, guys. btw
TERR IT UP!
Seriously, let's try to be a little charming & maybe...just MAYBE some real ladies will feel comfortable here.  8)

nofi

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2009, 06:29:48 PM »
we already have a real lady here and i think he feels very comfortable. ;D

btw if you can find a funk vid using a fender p, flats and fingers feel free to post it, terr.

george porter jr. or robert 'kool' bell come to mind.

rockinrayduke

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2009, 07:39:03 PM »
Terr, you're going to have to grow some thicker skin. This is a discussion board. You want some discussion about something you posted. You got it but you don't like some of it. Sorry. Quit whining.

I'll invite people here with a warning that brutal condescending old guys may Terr you up!

<sigh> Dave, I give up.