Gear Discussion Forums > Fender Basses

Case queen '82 P Special in rare Arctic White

<< < (3/4) > >>

ilan:

--- Quote from: eb2 on January 11, 2017, 05:43:50 AM ---I liked the look but none of them had rosewood, which would've been nicer

--- End quote ---
The one I owned for a very short time was LPB with rosewood. The majority had maple but I saw some with rosewood. There are two (1, 2) on eBay right now. And the walnuts all had rosewood boards. I have always thought those were the nicest.

Here is a dealer sheet parts list - with a rosewood board option.

Granny Gremlin:
That brown/tobaccoburst one - shwing.  The Blue one too but I just hate white guards ... I was gonna say on strats and Ps, but I think generally is more accurate.

Dave W:
Did you notice that the parts sheet lists the two pickup halves as different part numbers? One is described as lead and the other as rhythm -- huh?  ???

gearHed289:

--- Quote from: Granny Gremlin on January 11, 2017, 01:13:34 PM ---That brown/tobaccoburst one - shwing.  The Blue one too but I just hate white guards ... I was gonna say on strats and Ps, but I think generally is more accurate.

--- End quote ---

Shwing indeed! That one looks awesome. And almost anything looks better with a black pickguard. I have one on my Geddy Lee Jazz, and it's like night and day (pun intended). So now it's sort of a Greg Lake Jazz Bass.  ;D Hmm... same initials.

OldManC:
My first "real" bass was an '81 CAR. Bought new on layaway, paid for $20-40 at a time. I had it less than a year. It was beautiful but didn't grow on me once I had it. Bought a '77 BC Rich Eagle with the money I got when I sold it and then my first Thunderbird (black '76) a few months later. GAS hit me young!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version