Gear Discussion Forums > Guitars Etc.

Ace Frehley's 1959 Les Paul FS

<< < (2/3) > >>

4stringer77:
Even the reproductions go for almost ten large new so somebody must be digging Ace.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-custom-ace-frehley-59-les-paul-electric-guitar?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=CMyS44azodICFVtMDQodw98Eeg&kwid=productads-adid^156717928496-device^c-plaid^459119881152-sku^J20178000001000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA

Dave W:

--- Quote from: Alanko on February 21, 2017, 07:12:33 AM ---I would expect it to be worth significantly less for having previously been owned by Ace Frehley.  ???

--- End quote ---

:mrgreen:

I felt the same way about Sheryl Crow's basses that were consigned at Willie's American Guitars in St. Paul. They might have had Kid Rock's DNA on them.

amptech:

--- Quote from: Dave W on February 21, 2017, 11:28:33 AM --- :mrgreen:

I felt the same way about Sheryl Crow's basses that were consigned at Willie's American Guitars in St. Paul. They might have had Kid Rock's DNA on them.

--- End quote ---

You'd be better off with Johnny Winter's beard! 

Dave W:

--- Quote from: amptech on February 21, 2017, 11:22:40 PM ---You'd be better off with Johnny Winter's beard!

--- End quote ---

True. But it sold for $1400. at auction. I'd rather buy a bass or two.

OldManC:
Considering its provenance, the amount of albums it was used for (and when), and its status as Ace's #1 of all time, it sounds like one of the few holy grail Les Pauls out there that do command that kind of insane money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version