Author Topic: Restoring a Fuzztone  (Read 835 times)

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
Re: Restoring a Fuzztone
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 08:06:35 PM »
I actually emailed them about refinishing my EB-0F after reading this article. They are a local shop so it could have worked out well. They must have had their fill working on this one & never answered my request. I had it done at Dave's in Lacrosse WI & was quite happy with the job they did.
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 08:37:12 PM »
This article is from 2012, I wonder why it's making the rounds again. It's really not about restoring a Fuzztone, it's about restoring a bass that happens to have the Fuzztone installed.

Any competent pedal guy could restore the EB-0F circuit. Gibson sold only 265 EB-0F over four years. They must have sold tens of thousands of Maestro FZ-1 pedals with the same circuit.

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 03:37:58 PM »
Been there, done that🙂 Yes, I remember that article. The fuzztone cct is done easily in short time. I struggled for some time finding the correct transistors, but they are out there. Sound is rough, I ended up with a fuzzface cct instead, sounds killer! Still waiting for Jules to sell me his pickguard, though 8)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 03:45:19 PM »
There are still plenty of used FZ-1 and FZ-1a pedals out there. And there are the clones. The design lives on.