Author Topic: What's you guys' opinion on Peter Steele of Type O Negative as a bassplayer?  (Read 9117 times)

Blazer

I recently re-discovered Type O negative. Their music is a really cool blend of spookiness, metal and church music. Steele's bassplaying basically consists of playing powerchords and using a heavy chorus on his bass sound but it fits.

"Love you to death" live in Germany 1999

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
Thats quite an unusual blend of sounds. Not normally what I'm into but I enjoyed that.
Digresion our specialty!

nofi

the metal yanni. although they did a really good version of "summer breeze". :mrgreen:

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
Big fan. Very unique stylist. Most of the low end in that band comes from the keys and kick drum. Pete has an almost Lemmy quality to his playing. Seen them live many times. October Rust is one of those CDs that I've just about worn out. I love it. And they have a very, very good sense of humor among all the goth metal stylings.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
Steele's bassplaying basically consists of playing powerchords and using a heavy chorus on his bass sound but it fits.

He also has a Sustainer built in to all his basses and gets lots of feedback/sustain through his wedges.

Andrew

• View Profile
Not a fan of Type-O-Negative, but I liked the writing Steele did for Agnostic Front. I especially liked the racist lyrics Steele wrote for AF's latin singer to sing.  ???

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Type O Neg's cover of Cinnamon Girl is GREAT!

That's my fav of theirs by far.

hollowbody

• Been working in the Kremlin with a two headed dog.
    • View Profile
I don't listen to Type O much anymore, but if I do it's the first "live" album that I always reach for.

Not a fan of Type-O-Negative, but I liked the writing Steele did for Agnostic Front. I especially liked the racist lyrics Steele wrote for AF's latin singer to sing.  ???

I always took that as tongue in cheek, along with the lyrics of the first Carnivore record.

Andrew

• View Profile
I don't listen to Type O much anymore, but if I do it's the first "live" album that I always reach for.

I always took that as tongue in cheek, along with the lyrics of the first Carnivore record.

I don't think there's anything tongue in cheek about the lyrics to "Public Assistance".
Cool song from the instrumental side though.